Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Texas - Canyon Lake 2015 >

Texas - Canyon Lake 2015

Notices

Texas - Canyon Lake 2015

Old 06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I am new to Canyon Lake and have been on a few times before the rains hit and closed everything. Now that the lake is finally coming down does anyone know when more boat ramps will be opening? It seems crazy to me that only 1 ramp is even open. Getting the itch to splash the Formula as I could only take her out a few times last year before we moved here. Tried last weekend but the line to the ramp was horrible. Think I got maybe half mile from the ramp and stuck in boat trailer hell!! I turned around since I didn't see the point in waiting that long just to get in at dark and pull it right back out. Thanks and hope to see some of you guys out there soon!
Old 06-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Tomcat12;4320180]Hey guys, I am new to Canyon Lake and have been on a few times before the rains hit and closed everything. Now that the lake is finally coming down does anyone know when more boat ramps will be opening? It seems crazy to me that only 1 ramp is even open. Getting the itch to splash the Formula as I could only take her out a few times last year before we moved here. Tried last weekend but the line to the ramp was horrible. Think I got maybe half mile from the ramp and stuck in boat trailer hell!! I turned around since I didn't see the point in waiting that long just to get in at dark and pull it right back out. Thanks and hope to see some of you guys out there soon![/QUOT

Hello and welcome! I boat exclusively at Canyon Lake. For ramp open/closure info, google search Corp of Engineers Canyon Lake Texas, you will get to the site and navigate into the ramps section. Has a chart of all the ramps, who operates them, and lo/hi water closure levels. As for long lines, I have seen what you are talking about, and wife wont sit it in. That is at ramp 6 near my place. Which one ramp open are you talking about? 6? Yes, hope to see you out there!
Old 07-02-2015, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Headed to Canyon for the 4th. Who will be out and about?

Latest info link: http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/canyon/
Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome! We won't be back till the weekend of the 18th...gotta work July 4th....yeah.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw a couple of you were out this weekend. I made it out Friday and Saturday afternoon. Great days out and nothing broke!! Just heard the Corps received a variance to keep the lake at 910 for the rest of the year! That should make for great water conditions for boating. I hope to be out sometime this weekend since I live in New Braunfels. Let me know if anyone is planning to go out always enjoy tying up to OSO guys!
Old 08-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Registered

Well, here we go folks, those yahoos at the controls have allowed the lake to drop below pool. Last night the lake officially fell below 909, when just 9 weeks ago we were 18' over! That is just an absolute travesty. My buddy who lives in San Antonio ended up buying on LBJ for this very reason. No matter how had mother nature tries, she is no match for the ignorance in management of the lake. Today's outflow is greater than the inflow, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where that will take the lake level to. As a property owner on Canyon (along with many others), it easy to get the blood pressure up watching such actions which are completely and legally out of our control.....
Old 09-01-2015, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well the Labor Day Holiday is fast approaching!!! Anyone going to be out at Canyon Lake this weekend?

I will be there Fri thru Tues!!! Boat already in wet slip awaiting our arrival!! Travel Trailer also set up and waiting!!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Registered

count me in! Boat is waiting on me....Sucks I have to work for the weekend....
Old 09-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Registered

Was good hanging out with you last weekend Jeff. 97 Formula looking and sounding good!

Sad news is, our lake is on the decline at the hands of those yahoos who cant manage the gift from Mother Nature, rain. Letting out over 18' of excess water in 90 days, and now dealing with a low lake that is only getting lower, is too madening to think about.....
Old 09-13-2015, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Looking at the release rate vs inflow. They are releasing almost three times faster than the inflow!!!!

Thanks for the pic, never had one with the bimini up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545087[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Texas - Canyon Lake 2015-img_0681.jpg