Any rack and launch near dallas >

Any rack and launch near dallas

Notices

Any rack and launch near dallas

Old 03-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any rack and launch near dallas

what would my choices be boating near Dallas with a 42ft boat,,,,i.e. Best ramps that can handle a 42',,,,would prefer rack and launch,,,,,maybe lewisville,or Texoma lake,,,,,or would I have to trailer and storage the boat,,,what would you do ????? Get your thinking caps on guys
Old 03-15-2016, 06:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Storage here is different than big water areas, its either marina or store your boat on a trailer deal. Alot of carport storage and alot of enclosed storage but can be grass. Your size boat can be very hard at times to find enclosed storage and or even carport storage.

I would go to Texoma especially with a boat of your size. If you like to tie up and blast music with others - lake lewisvile is the place but is not the place for fast open running at all.

After toolin around the local lakes in the area you will get bored compared whats in Michigan. I like PK and Texoma.

Maybe and finally this will be the first year in 6, that we might have normal lake levels and a full boating season. That would be a change for once.

Last edited by BUP; 03-15-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John is right, you won't find rack storage around here.

If you want covered storage on the trailer, King Brothers in Lake Dallas can handle your boat. A friend of mine keeps his 43' Scarab there. Garage doors on both ends, so he drives through with the truck, unhooks and goes.

The guy who owns the storage place keeps his 50' Nor-Tech there as well.

There is a park pretty close by which is where they launch the Nor-Tech.

The Pier 121 ramp would easily work with your boat, as would several of the other marinas and public parks.

Other than that, not much available unless you put it on a lift in one of the marinas.

All of this is for Lake Lewisville, not sure on what's available at Texoma.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Plenty of storage near boat ramps at Texoma. I had a 74' x 14' for several years at the Boat Hut near Highport Marina. They will modify a bay for you. No rack storage around here. I can't think of any one body of water I'd want to be stuck with anyway.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lewisville blows. The boathut at Texoma on Highport road is the ticket. Good ramp 1/4 mile down the road with open water 1/4 mile past that.