Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By In2Deep
  • 1 Post By Faster Daddy

Launching at Travis HWY 71

Old 06-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Nordic Rage
Default Launching at Travis HWY 71

Ok Yarr,Gadsby, In2Deep, or any of the other usual suspects on Travis... where is a safe place to launch on Travis coming from 281 and 71. Thinking about coming up on Sunday and staying up North.

What happened to the Texas Boat Forum?
Old 06-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Registered

That's a great question...I've never launched from that corner so I don't know. I typically do Mansfield.

It's still going technically. I need to do a new logo. We were getting attacked by spammers and the forum software needed an upgrade. Part of the upgrade would mean I'd need to do all new graphics and frankly I haven't had the time to do it.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Formula Fastech 353 (Acceleration)
Default Lake Travis boat ramps

All of the public ramps are currently open as the lake is just under full. You might look at the LCRA website and get a snapshot of all of the public ramps and details for each. It will be a busy week end out there, so be careful.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

I was a bit nervous when I turned left in Spicewood and headed for the Narrows public ramp. It was about a 5 mile drive down an old country road and ended up in a very simple but clean launch area. It was only a single ramp but it was in good repair and besides having a little gravel at the top it was a very good launch and retrieve experience. I think it could be a bit dicey if a couple of good sized boats and tow vehicles had to pass by each other on the road. The launch was deep and while there was no dock there was a reasonable beach to onboard. We went yesterday and I was impressed with how few folks we ran into. Pretty much perfect water from the launch point, marker #54, for at least 10 miles down river. I started going up river but once through the narrows it looked a bit shallow so I turned around. I was going to try to get to a restaurant on the water but once I got down past the Island condos it started to look like the 4th of July and we headed back North. Happy 4th everyone.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Registered

Sounds like you figured out a pretty good way to get to Lake Travis from SA!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Registered

Hey we should do another Travis run. Beginning of October?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
My Boats: 2002 Nordic 28 Heat / 2013 Bass Cat Puma FTD

Hey XX14. Sorry late to this post. I don't check in to OSO very often any more.

You found a good launch spot there at The Narrows. But it is a long ride down lake to more action. Next time you're in the area you could also try launching from Pace Bend Park. I think there are two different ramps there, but they're pretty small. But folks do launch from there.

There's a new restaurant at Briarcliff Marina, just a little ways on the right after the Islands. I forget the name. Go a few miles further, around the 17, and you could hit Rough Hollow Grill at Rough Hollow Marina. From there, go one mile further and hit Gnarly Gar. Can't miss it on the left.
Faster Daddy and XX14 like this.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:06 AM
Registered

My Boats: Active Thunder 37 AVH Whipped 540's

The Lantern at Briarclif is the restaurant. Also a good ramp and you'll go right past it headed to Pacebend Park anyway.
XX14 likes this.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Registered

My Boats: '98 Formula 353 Fastech, 525SCs

We've got a new-to-us Formula 353 and live near Dripping Springs. We have been hanging on Canyon Lake because its close and easy and have been on Travis once two weekends ago. I'd like to learn more about Lake Travis events and opportunities to meet up. Is the LTPA the active group for Travis?