Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
So when are we going BOATING!? >

So when are we going BOATING!?

Notices

So when are we going BOATING!?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So when are we going BOATING!?

Ok, I will talk to Tim about it tonight. Hope lots of others can make it, sounds like too much fun!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Im in for that!! We will work on putting that on the calender ASAP!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah baby,
Got out late this afternoon. Hickory was in great shape, and the boat ran very well. Going back tomorrow weather permitting.
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Weather looks good for Sunday .........then the big freeze hits next week .............I'm hittin' the lake .
Who's in?
Steve
Old 03-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Earliest in a new year that I've been IN the lake (on purpose, in nothing but a swimsuit) was in 1981. February 16th or so (just after Valentine's Day), me and 2 buddies ditched school cause it was one of those ODDBALL 75 degree winter days and was gorgeous. Took a 21' SeaRay cuddy out on OH and drank some Shaffer beer. Soaked up some rays, and then....

dove in.

Couldn't breathe. Barely made it back to the boat and up the ladder before blacking out. Not recommended at all.

In 2001, I loaded my Hydro Hoist onto a trailer at the ramp in January. Water was cold and had to get in up to my nipples, but had clothes on and actually didn't feel so bad. Easing in is definitely better than a cold dunk.

Also fell in the lake mid December years ago behind the house. Ran up the hill, into the shower with clothes on and hit the hot water. Didn't even get a sniffle.

Ooh, and I almost forgot the Christmas day that my Nova210XL "sank" in my boat house. Noticed it looked very weird from the house and went to take a closer look. Floating at the gunnels only with the nose and windshield sticking out. Dunno if Wellcraft intended for it to float that way, but it did. Rain thru holes in the roof over months had filled the boat and sunk it. Had to get in the boat and basically swim. If I tried to stand in the boat, the gunnels would go under. Had to hang a 1 hp jacuzzi pump on a rope from the rafters and lower the inlet into the boat and aim the outlet so it shot water "out" of the boat, sort of while I was still swimming-ish. Did this till the boat had about a foot of water above the floor, then used a charger and jumper cables to get the bilge pump running to take care of the rest. Boat lived to see much more abuse at a later time...

I promised myself I would get the Formula ready for action by mid March. I'd better get on the ball. Lots of cobwebs and old gas to take care of...

But then I've already boated this year. Miami show. 120+ in a Skater with 850's. I guess you'll call it cheating since it was about 78 degrees....

Last edited by mcollinstn; 03-06-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Registered

Mike, what happened to the Azimut in Miami? Oh ya, and the sunbathers, were they at?

I like the story about the poor wellcraft!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Light traffic, great water.
RH and I got our toys out Sunday (thanks EWB). Anchor High is now open ..........rumor has it they are going all out this year to crank up the entertainment.
Regards,
Steve
Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Talking Re: So when are we going BOATING!?

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Light traffic, great water.
RH and I got our toys out Sunday (thanks EWB). Anchor High is now open ..........rumor has it they are going all out this year to crank up the entertainment.
Regards,
Steve
Strippers?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

Strippers ,maybe but you're going to have to buy the help a LOT of ................
I think more and better bands, and maybe some other stuff. Unfortunately boat parking will be a problem (already tight) because the marina is carrying more boat brands for sale, and will be using some of their transient slips to demo them.
Steve
Old 03-08-2005, 03:40 PM

Well, Seems like everyone just can't get ready in time for a run downtown on Good Friday. (not us, we are ready) We'll mention something at the meeting Monday the 14th. Maybe some others can make it. COME ON WARM WEATHER!

Quick Reply: So when are we going BOATING!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.