Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Southeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us-243/)
-   -   Boating in Vero Beach Area? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us/169738-boating-vero-beach-area.html)

Specialized 10-03-2007 05:47 PM

Dennis(bowtye8) is a great guy and one of our most regular fun runners. We will miss him over at FMO. Take care of him over there.

John

hardbargain 10-07-2007 06:20 PM

Living in Vero

I lived in Sebastian for 3 years, beautiful place to live and boat. There were very few offshore powerboats in that area. I have a P-29 Scarab and could never find people to run with.
As far as housing, I may have an answer, I owned a canal front home in Sebastian and the ajoining lot. I sold the home to some people that now have health concerns. It is a high end home with pool, but small 1750 sq ft.. I understand from my realtor that they are needing to move it quickly, 225,000.

I have the lot next door for sale for 110,000, it has a paved driveway, it's where I kept my boat.

Sebastian is 10 miles from Vero.
For more info. [email protected]

bowtye8 10-07-2007 06:51 PM

Thanks for thinking of me. I am looking at about 2-2100 sq ft. Family of 4. I hope I can find some boaters. One plus about the SW area. Plenty of offshore boaters.
Still please send me the link for the home if you could.
Thanks
Dennis

bowtye8 10-07-2007 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Captnmike (Post 2290693)
bowtye8

Come on over, the waters fine!!!

Been here almost a year, and boated, when on vacation, here for 4 years before that.

The ramps at the Ft. Pierce inlet are fantastic, they launch 40ft center consoles all the time. And only 10 mins south.

There is talk of improving the ramps at the end of Oslo Rd. also. 1 min north of me.

Many great day trips, north, Sebastian, Melborne, south is Stuart, Jupitor and West Palm.

I know how much fun it can be on that side, I'm friends with Jeff Haylett and that group, but I think you'll like it here.

Look into the Vero Shores sub. Houses on channel @ $500k and across the street @ $250k. And a weak HMA. We all have boats and trailers in our yards.

Mike Sadlon
27 Baja and UL-89 hydro

If I can be of any help call me...734-777-1878

I may take you up on that. Let me get to the area next month. Nov 1st. Then I will be looking seriously.
Dennis

Captnmike 03-21-2008 08:39 AM

Dennis what ever happened to ya.

Mike

bowtye8 03-21-2008 05:50 PM

Hi Mike
Still in process:party-smiley-004:

Well I am working in vero M-F home in Fort myers on the weekend. My house still did not sell. Had a contract that fell thorugh. Hopefully another one soon.
Then I will be there full time with the boat.
Seems the boating is much rougher over there. More days of 4-6 seas than 2-4 on the Gulf coast. I hope the boating works out.

PM me your number I can give a call during the week. usually work till 6-7PM though.
Dennis