St. Pete Grand Prix

Notices

St. Pete Grand Prix

Old 03-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default St. Pete Grand Prix

Thought I'd throw this out there for your information. It's a great race through the streets of beautiful St. Petersburg.

Boat viewing is available.

http://www.gpstpete.com/

April 4-6
Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
my00b16si

Ill be there all three days i have gone every year now. indy, american lemans, that drift stuff, and indy pro you cant beat it.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I go every year walk the paddock and pits and watch all the racing possible...total overload and I LOVE IT!

I wish I could just drive my boat over and dock it and get into the race that way. That would be so much quicker for me.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I go every year walk the paddock and pits and watch all the racing possible...total overload and I LOVE IT!

I wish I could just drive my boat over and dock it and get into the race that way. That would be so much quicker for me.
Grab a slip at the harborage, and then call a cab....it's like less than a mile away.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 PM
my00b16si

Do you remember the first time a indy car past you! (Good god) i cant wait..

Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

We've been going yearly. It is a great event!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Never taken my boat down there, where is the boat viewing at? Definately going to take advantage of that this year....
Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can you watch the races from the boat?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
Where can you watch the races from the boat?
Well, I stayed true to my word in my earlier post from 2 years ago. I went that year, last year and we already booked to go again this year. Looking forward to it, again!

Anyway, every year there are slips that are rented out to the yachts (of course way in advance and for some $$$), but this year the site shows:

"Unfortunately, we will not build and operate a Yacht Club at this year's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. We had hoped to provide our popular Yacht Club amenities but arrangements with our contractor were not finalized in time for this year's event. We fully intend to bring this important part of our event experience back in 2011."

That sucks.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jswfl09
Well, I stayed true to my word in my earlier post from 2 years ago. I went that year, last year and we already booked to go again this year. Looking forward to it, again!

Anyway, every year there are slips that are rented out to the yachts (of course way in advance and for some $$$), but this year the site shows:

"Unfortunately, we will not build and operate a Yacht Club at this year's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. We had hoped to provide our popular Yacht Club amenities but arrangements with our contractor were not finalized in time for this year's event. We fully intend to bring this important part of our event experience back in 2011."

That sucks.

So is that saying that no boats are allowed or just no designated spaces w yachts will be there?

Quick Reply: St. Pete Grand Prix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.