Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
West Coast Powerboat Club of Florida! >

West Coast Powerboat Club of Florida!

Notices

West Coast Powerboat Club of Florida!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up West Coast Powerboat Club of Florida!

Hey gang...new boating club in the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota areas of Florida! I am the former OPBA president, and have done numerous events for them! Now its time to take the bull by the horns! Come see what great things this NEW club will offer everyone!

Fun and Prosperity to all fellow powerboaters!

Check us out at www.WestCoastPowerBoatClub.com
Old 04-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Hey everyone...go to Facebook and join our group there! We will send you real time calendar updates as well as event invitations! This club is off the hook!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like fun! I would liek to do some runs up in that area. I just sent you an email.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

See ya'll there!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Sarasota tomorrow, meeting at Marina Jacks at 4:00.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

Anything new?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Default Memorial Day Weekend Bash in Sarasota! With West Coast Powerboat Club/Casey Key FH

Well...it seems mother nature has it in for us! Yup, looks like she's gonna ruffle our feathers a little this weekend. Fortunately, the weather shows signs of improvement. Also, we will be utilizing the intercoastal waterways, and try to avoid the large swells of the open water, should it become rough. Hey, we've been through much worse...and this Low pressure system is making its way outta here!

We also want to thank Spencer Sommer for another amazing BBQ bash last weekend! Even the rain could not hinder the fun. But it did make my potato salad a bit wet. Thanks so much Spencer...you have a great supply of friends...we love ya brotha! Look for pictures on his MySpace page, along with pictures on Facebook!

The plan for Saturday is to meet at the South-East cove of Egmont Key at around noon! Look for the familiar boats that you see on many of the powerboating websites, but namely the 45' Excalibur "Silent Partner"! Bring your lines and fenders, and your rafting skills! Being a holiday weekend, its gonna be tight, but we will always make room for a fellow Powerboat Club member!! Bring lots of water toys, sun screen, bottles of water, and a great attitude! See the 2 attached flyers for the details!

We will be at this Egmont location from noon until about 2:30 - 3:00 pm. We will begin peeling off around 2:30 to 2:45 and head south in the intercoastal...follow the other boats if you do not know your way down to Casey Key. This is where it really gets fun! It will be my pleasure to snap all kinds of pictures of you wild and crazies...and yup...I will bring my little video camera too! Just remember to obey the rules of the waterways...the Sarasota police will have a nice little talk with you if you forget!

The plan is to arrive at Casey Key Fish House no later than 4:00 pm! Again, bring your lines and fenders, and needless to say, your rafting skills again! Once you are securely tied up, head on up to the great new tiki bar area where all the fun will begin! Lots of fun instore for this event...lots of giveaways, and plenty of entertainment. Hungry? Jimmy will have the famous grill going, and there will be plenty of yummy food available! Did I mention we will be advertised on 102.5 FM? Did I forget to tell you about the live entertainment? Oh...just too much to list! Be there!

We are trying to secure more rooms at the Sarasota Hotel and Marina for those that need to stay over night. Click on this website to see more info... http://www.sarasotahotelmarina.com . I am looking to block off some rooms for us, so feel free to call them at 941-355-2781 and ask for the group rate for the West Coast Powerboat Club. You will also need to make arrangements for your boat as well. Very friendly people, and they will help out nicely! Don't forget the wild South Lido Beach Party on Sunday! We will have more details on Saturday.

Also, come join our group on Facebook and get real time updates of our club events!! We are linked with many other great organizations, such as the Florida Powerboat Club, and we all look to keep you in the loop of all the great events coming up! As always, check out our website's Calendar for more info!

Keep your eyes on the weather, be safe, and we'll see you on the water this weekend!!

Michael Erturk
Poker Run/Event Coordinator/Founder
[email protected]

West Coast Power Boat Club, LLC (of Florida)
www.WestCoastPowerBoatClub.com

Check our calendar for the next event in your area!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Mike
We had a blast on Saturday! I think we got the boat back to Gibsonton around Midnight.
GW
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Hey guys, just when you've recovered from the Heat of Summer Poker Run and the Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix, we bring you another great event...but this time we're in Tampa! Oh yea, we are combining a weekend full of great boating with some "Kick" to it! A fantastic kickboxing event is coming to the Tampa Marriot waterside this Saturday evening! This is a LIVE event, not pay-per-view...LIVE! Attached is the flyer for this event, and a big handful (or fistful) of members will be attending this event.

Call Tony Sapp at the Tampa Marriot to secure your room and a boat slip, if you desire. His number is 813-314-1006. There is a room rate special for West Coast Powerboat Club members! Please tell him you are with the powerboat club and you will get the discounted rate. Also inquire about docking...he will assign you a slip and let you know what the rate is. I remind you that this is a very nice hotel, with excellent ammenities, and great dockage!

After a night of kicks and drinks, join the group as we head downtown. Whether it is Channelside or the new Raw Sushi Bar (owned by fellow WPC member), we're gonna hit the town in style, and have some fun! I strongly advise utilizing shuttle and taxi services!

Wake up Sunday morning to a marina full of boats from the West Coast Powerboat Club's members. We will then have a nice run around MacDill and back up into Tampa Bay, to a beach party that rocks! West Coast Powerboat Club members will get complimentary admission to the Crabby Bill's Beach Party in Tampa Bay. But not before a nice brunch at Jackson's! More details will be available soon!

Keep checking the website for more info. We will post updates on the website as we receive it. Sometimes...these spontaneous fun runs are just what you need. Low pressure, hot sun, great destinations, and free to all West Coast Powerboat Club members! What??? Not a member yet? Well, contact me NOW, and let's get you hooked up!

***Coming Soon!!!*** Online WPC Newsletter! Now you can get all the updates on upcoming events and all the highlights of past events. Also, check the Photos section of the website...Heat of Summer photos are up!

See you on the water!

Michael Erturk
[email protected]

Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered

Hey folks...what a great crowd we had at the Labor Day Poker Run 2009! The weather finally cooperated, and allowed us to let our machines roar! I heard from friends that it was an AMAZING sight to see as they drove over the Skyway Bridge! Thanks to soooo many great people helping out...John and Jean, for helping with check in, and Jodee Rucker and her gang for taking on St. Pete check in! Y'all are the best! They deserve a nice applause, so please tell them thank you!!!

We have already begun on the video editing! So expect a completion very soon! As you may know already, there are over 100 pictures on our website, and other members' websites as well. Just look for us on 'facebook' and you will see all the good pictures of the event also. Thanks to the very talented Jay Nichols, we were able to capture some jaw dropping images of some fantastic boats! Feel free to contact Jay at [email protected] and he will be able to get you some great hi-res photos very reasonably!

Well, the event was bigger than expected, and surely welcomed the additional, last minute participants. Although some had a few mechanical issues, the end result was that everyone was safe, and we all had a fantastic time. A huge thanks to the many sponsors for being the backbone of this event, and supporting this great sport!! Please visit our website and click on the sponsor link. Click on each sponsor's logo, and you will see the great products and services they all have to offer for our great members!

Oh, its not over! Just when you think its safe to drain that beer cooler out of the boat...the Tampa Fun Run is just around the corner! That's right, next weekend...Saturday, September 19th is the event that will cap off the summer with a bang! Tons of fun stuff in store for that weekend, along with some great giveaways from the many Tampa Fun Run sponsors!

Many of the West Coast Powerboat Club members will be there in full force! I'm sure we will STILL be hearing about the stories from the Labor Day Run, but its time to make some more memories!! So get that boat tuned up, those coolers filled, and fill that boat up with people! This run will surely make the record books...just like our recent Labor Day Poker Run!

The flyer for the event is on the WPC site. Click 'Calendar', then the Tampa Fun Run logo, and that file includes all the details. Please contact Debbie Piper with your RSVP. PLEASE RSVP as soon as you can. It is very important that we all get a good head count so we can plan the event accordingly. If you don't RSVP, and just show up last minute, we may not have budgeted for you, and the result will be that we will probably run out of things for everyone. First come, first serve on the docks. Please make your room reservations and your RSVPs quickly!

From the Tampa Fun Run crew, and the staff & members of the West Coast Powerboat Club, we look to make this event a 1 - 2 punch! As always, our goal is to provide a wonderful boating day with an array of gifts and prizes to all the members, but we must maintain our safety standards. Any dumb horseplay will NOT be tolerated. We are all here to have fun, and trust me, you WILL indeed have an amazing, fun time at this event! Please contact Debbie Piper or myself with any further questions!

See YOU on the water!

Michael Erturk
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.