Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions? >

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Notices

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I,m not sure if the new lake map show's the resturants but 5 of them are at marina,s, 1 of those is brand new just opened this month, havent tryied it yet but will be hitting it Labor day wknd. 1 of the restuarunts is at Lake Lanier Island boat dock near cocktail cove, witch is ran by Big Creek Tavern that also has a dock for boaters to enjoy cold beer and food. Then there is one more up near what is called Browns Bridge that has a Elvis show brkfst buffet and dinner buffet that is pretty good. No sure when you are moving but there is a poker run that the local Marine max puts on in November and at the end they have a Low counrty boil that is always fun. Hit me up when you get water bound and the misses and I can show you around the lake. Favorite so far would have to be Big Creek Tavern.

Last edited by gabaja242; 08-26-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey let me know if you need assistance house hunting. My wife is an agent and has some great deals right now. Foreclosure sales are her specialty but can put you into the right area for the right price. We have lived here our whole life and the 400 corridor is where it's at for convenience.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Hey let me know if you need assistance house hunting. My wife is an agent and has some great deals right now. Foreclosure sales are her specialty but can put you into the right area for the right price. We have lived here our whole life and the 400 corridor is where it's at for convenience.
Thanks. Thursday I will know where I stand as far as $$.

Foreclosure looks like tjhe only way to go right now in ATL. Seems you can buy up at leasst 30% on a foreclosure that isn't a dump and needs nothing.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 AM
zrx
Registered

Great info here. I am from Wisconsin and looking to extend my boating season to the south somewhere, maybe GA or TX not sure. We are looking for freshwater, good boating, close to a major airport etc.

How long is your boating season down there? I have a 35 Lightning and like to run it and burn some gas, it looks like Lanier is the place to be. We are not huge partiers, but do enjoy nice restaurants and good hang outs. Can anyone recommend a good marina with dry stack? I may just find a storage facililty and leave the truck, boat & trailer in there.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but thanks again for all the good info!!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

Boating season usually runs until November, we will have a poker run around the 2nd weekend. We also get started around March but the temps you would be use to it would feel like summer till probably early Dec. Lanier is about Hr N of the airport and Hartwell is another 45 min witch you can make a 30 min run and never have to dethrottle prob further but alt of that lake i havent seen yet. The best dry stack on Lanier is Lazy Days Marina a few of are friends have boats there and love it. Great people to work with and stored inside. If you have anymore questions just let me know been here on the lake for 40 yrs.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Having looked at various lakes in the South myself, I was following not only the low water situations, but that weird ruling by the Judge down there, or lack of ruling. How's the LLA doing in their fight to keep Lanier open for recreation?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

This lake has had level problems since the 60s, just not as bad and it has always came back but the big argument is where Atlanta will get its drinking water from not how much water to keep inthe lake for recreation all though its a great part of our community economic structure. The other states are only worried about the mussels not the humans. The lake levels have been just under 6 ft low and somewhat holding so should be ok but only time will tell still lots of water and plenty of fun.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gabaja242
The best dry stack on Lanier is Lazy Days Marina a few of are friends have boats there and love it. Great people to work with and stored inside.
Good bit of info. Good to see the thread is benefiting more than me!

How big can they rack (always looking to upgrade)? How far from Sandy Springs?

Last edited by five cent worth; 08-31-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Allatoona has way more powerboats now. You better have a 30 foot plus boat on lanier or you will be in bad shape. I use allatoona on a weekly basis and have been to lanier also, allatoona is smaller but not bad at all. I would live in the middle that way you can go to both. Dont pick one or the other until you try them both, but if you have a 245 baja good luck on lanier.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Good bit of info. Good to see the thread is benefiting more than me!

How big can they rack (always looking to upgrade)? How far from Sandy Springs?
Lazy Days can hold up to a 36ft boat with full service amenities. Sandy Springs is roughly 35 mins away with no traffic and you have multiple ways to travel. Also Alltoona is smaller and probably calmer but compared to LKN it is very small, and Lanier is only real rough on Holidays if you dont know how to drive your boat on it (stay on top out of the wake, not in it) Your boat is very equal to mine seeing that the main hull is out of the same mold and the only people that have a problem in my boat is the ones in the bow area if everyone is in the main cabin area is just fine. But comparing apples to apples Lanier is the closest thing to Norman , I know LKN gets rough on holidays also due to the size and population on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.