Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Where to live in Florida if boater ? >

Where to live in Florida if boater ?

Notices

Where to live in Florida if boater ?

Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to live in Florida if boater ?

With real estate down, I'm starting to look at possible homes in Florida to live in the future,

- would prefer Gulf side,
- small single family house or condo
- preferrably waterfront or waterview, but doesn't have to be,
- want water-access to restaurants, bars, and shops
- want to accomodate a 32-38' performance boat

So do most people keep their performance boats in marinas, use boat ramps, or use lifts on canals ?

Are there noise restrictions on power boats on canals, rivers, etc ?

Are there housing flood zone areas to avoid because of ins. reasons ?

Cape Coral and Port Charlotte have many low cost homes on the waterfront, are these good areas or should I avoid them ?

Any helpful info is appreciated,

Richard
Old 10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Lakerider,

Cape Coral, Port Charlotte everything is upside down in that area unles it was bought way long ago..You have alot of options in that area and should find a great deal..shop around and don't settle on the first one you find, Unless of course its a great deal.But anyone of those areas would give you great access to both, Marina and Waterfront if you prefer..Check with one of the local realtors and give them an idea of what you want and with alittle research you can find a good one...You might also consider Naples, Marco Island area..Very nice areas as well..and very affordable during these times..Hope this helps..Good luck....

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Registered

I have 5 lots, which is 1 unit = 2 building lots in south venice fl., sarasota co. It is a corner lot. I have a description if you would like, very close to water but not on water. acess to lots of stuff, just reduced price to move. pm if interested and I'll send description, looks like your looking at houses , and believe, me there are tons of them for sale at great prices in this area
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Lakerider,

Cape Coral, Port Charlotte everything is upside down in that area unles it was bought way long ago..You have alot of options in that area and should find a great deal..shop around and don't settle on the first one you find, Unless of course its a great deal.But anyone of those areas would give you great access to both, Marina and Waterfront if you prefer..Check with one of the local realtors and give them an idea of what you want and with alittle research you can find a good one...You might also consider Naples, Marco Island area..Very nice areas as well..and very affordable during these times..Hope this helps..Good luck....

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

Thanks for the great advise. I'll also consider Naples and Marco Island. Are there particular places where large numbers of boaters tie up and enjoy the weekends ? I really like the friendship of other boaters, they are some of the nicest people I've met !

Richard
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Destin,Navarre
Old 10-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Destin is awesome, and tampa/st pete/clearwater is a great area, in my opinion the 2 above are the best in FL
Old 10-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Destin, Navarre are nice areas as well..I personally prefer South Florida for the reason being that, if I choose to boat the Bay it's right there, or if I prefer the Ocean, it;s right there as well...But first figure out what you want to get out of your boating and start from there...Florida is the Place for year around boating...As for the Winter time, you might have a couple of days in Destin or Navarre that might get cold, but further down south you might be able to avoid those days...I am Way down South and enjoy boating whenever I choose to go...Homestead, FL.........Boating Year round...You can find a great deal anywhere you want In florida, so look around first..

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Lots of powerboaters here in Cape Coral, even Jeff Girardi (Freeze Frame) lives here.
House across the street from me is 3/2 pool, waterfront with dock, $225K.
This is the SW Cape Coral area, the house 2 doors away from this one is for sale for $995K.
This is an xlnt deal, it is a lite fixer, nothing major.
You can boat year round, no noise restrictions (that I know of).

Last edited by georges; 10-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Check the Ft Myers Offshore forum.

If you want boaters, we got it covered.
Attached Thumbnails Where to live in Florida if boater ?-map-14.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Curios about cape corral , I know nothing about the gulf and rivers in that area , is it all salt water and are there many low spots and bars on water ? Also do you melt in the Summer ??

Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.