Notices

Boca Raton

Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boca Raton

I have a company meeting in July 2010 at the Boca Raton Resort, Boca Raton, FL.

I need a place to store my Fomula 336 on its trailer for several days, then get it in the water (Good ramp or fork), then get it out several days later.

Looking for clean, safe place.

Does anyone know of a good facility within a few miles of the resort that I can contact?
I do not need dockage once the boat is in the water.

Thanks.

Last edited by H20S; 02-26-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H20S
I have a company meeting in July 2010 at the Boca Raton Resort, Boca Raton, FL.

I need a place to store my Fomula 336 on its trailer for several days, then get it in the water (Good ramp or fork), then get it out several days later.

Looking for clean, safe place.

Does anyone know of a good facility within a few miles of the resort that I can contact?
I do not need dockage once the boat is in the water.

Thanks.
Check Marina One in Deerfield, they were a Formula dealer, not sure if they still are, but will be your best bet in the area. Let me know when your around, Lake Boca is right outside the Boca resort, and should be hopping on the weekends around that time, if I have my boat back together by then, we'll run down and meet up.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Check Marina One in Deerfield, they were a Formula dealer, not sure if they still are, but will be your best bet in the area. Let me know when your around, Lake Boca is right outside the Boca resort, and should be hopping on the weekends around that time, if I have my boat back together by then, we'll run down and meet up.
Thanks for the info. If all goes well, I will be rolling into town on the 13th and dropping the boat and trailer maybe at that marina. Hopfully they are not too expensive or require some kind of membership.
I have several days of meeting, but I have some evenings, and the event ends on Friday afternoon. My wife, my boys and I will probably explore around the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area over the weekend and check that area out.
Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. If all goes well, I will be rolling into town on the 13th and dropping the boat and trailer maybe at that marina. Hopfully they are not too expensive or require some kind of membership.
I have several days of meeting, but I have some evenings, and the event ends on Friday afternoon. My wife, my boys and I will probably explore around the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area over the weekend and check that area out.
Thanks again.
Tell them you are staying at, or at least meeting at Boca Resort, they probably have some afiliation, since they are so close, I am sure they have done work for guests of the hotel in the past. I am almost positive they do transient dockage, so you probably do not need a membership. There are other places around, but Marina One is probably the nicest in the area, and has decent access to the inlet, and lake Boca if you want to spend some time on the hook, swimming etc. with the kids. Since you will have the truck, and want to run down to Miami, you may be better off $$ wise ramping, instead of forklift. I can set you up with all of the decent local ramps when the time comes.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Tell them you are staying at, or at least meeting at Boca Resort, they probably have some afiliation, since they are so close, I am sure they have done work for guests of the hotel in the past. I am almost positive they do transient dockage, so you probably do not need a membership. There are other places around, but Marina One is probably the nicest in the area, and has decent access to the inlet, and lake Boca if you want to spend some time on the hook, swimming etc. with the kids. Since you will have the truck, and want to run down to Miami, you may be better off $$ wise ramping, instead of forklift. I can set you up with all of the decent local ramps when the time comes.
Thanks for all the info. I went to the Marina One site, and photos do look really nice. Around St. Pete, I can get trailer storage for a couple of days plus a round trip on the forks for $100. I figure if they are in that ball park, it is ok, plus I don't have to put the trailer in salt water even though I have an aluminum. Hate putting the brakes in salt. But if not, I will have to find a good ramp close by the resort and then keep the trailer in the resort's 'back lot'. Do you know of a ramp in the area that I won't get hung up on? I have a Diesel 4x4 Excursion, tows and pulls great, but often the trailer wheels either seem to fall in a hole or the break in the ramps often cause the trailer to get hung up mid way. When we trailer to the keys, except for Key West, I almost always have to fork the boat, as ramps have got to be the worst in the country!
Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info. I went to the Marina One site, and photos do look really nice. Around St. Pete, I can get trailer storage for a couple of days plus a round trip on the forks for $100. I figure if they are in that ball park, it is ok, plus I don't have to put the trailer in salt water even though I have an aluminum. Hate putting the brakes in salt. But if not, I will have to find a good ramp close by the resort and then keep the trailer in the resort's 'back lot'. Do you know of a ramp in the area that I won't get hung up on? I have a Diesel 4x4 Excursion, tows and pulls great, but often the trailer wheels either seem to fall in a hole or the break in the ramps often cause the trailer to get hung up mid way. When we trailer to the keys, except for Key West, I almost always have to fork the boat, as ramps have got to be the worst in the country!
Thanks again.
http://www.ftlauderdaleboating.com/b...lauderdale.htm
Aldorf park in pompano, and 15th street in fort lauderdale, are very good ramps, both have enough room to leave the trailer and tow rig, and both have sherriff offices on site,

I havent checked it out yet, but you could try Thunder Boat Marine Center, in Dania Beach (25mins south of boca on I-95) for storage, I hear Ritchie Powers is over there, and he is as nice as they come, you could probably even msg him on here about it, 7XXXchamp is is handle I believe.
954-964-8859

Thunderboat Marine Center
2051 Griffin Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Agree with the above ramps, also if you want to head North(Peanut island is a great spot), use the boynton Beach ramp, it is right across from Boynton inlet, great ramp, shallow channel leading in, but just stay between the pipes, and you will be OK, launched a 42 Commanche there, and several race boats(Geico, BTM) test out of there no problem. I use the Delray ramp(Knowles Park), but the ramp is not that long, although we have launched a 41 Apache there, it was tricky, and had to do it at high tide, wouldnt do it without knowledge of the ramp(had to help get a cruiser trailer out last 4'th of July, cuz he backed over the lip). Another good one if you want to trailer to Miami is haulover, but security is not that great, wouldnt leave the trailer overnight. I am just guessing, havent done it in a while, but forking is probably going to cost $100 each way.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
http://www.ftlauderdaleboating.com/b...lauderdale.htm
Aldorf park in pompano, and 15th street in fort lauderdale, are very good ramps, both have enough room to leave the trailer and tow rig, and both have sherriff offices on site,

I havent checked it out yet, but you could try Thunder Boat Marine Center, in Dania Beach (25mins south of boca on I-95) for storage, I hear Ritchie Powers is over there, and he is as nice as they come, you could probably even msg him on here about it, 7XXXchamp is is handle I believe.
954-964-8859

Thunderboat Marine Center
2051 Griffin Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Thank you for the info. It looks like the closest ramp to the resort is the Alsdorf Park location, unless you know of a good ramp closer to the resort. They will let me keep the truck and trailer on the resort back lot if I launch nearby. That way my wife only has a short drive with the truck after we launch and then a few days later retrieve.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered

Agree with the above ramps, also if you want to head North(Peanut island is a great spot), use the boynton Beach ramp, it is right across from Boynton inlet, great ramp, shallow channel leading in, but just stay between the pipes, and you will be OK, launched a 42 Commanche there, and several race boats(Geico, BTM) test out of there no problem. I use the Delray ramp(Knowles Park), but the ramp is not that long, although we have launched a 41 Apache there, it was tricky, and had to do it at high tide, wouldnt do it without knowledge of the ramp(had to help get a cruiser trailer out last 4'th of July, cuz he backed over the lip). Another good one if you want to trailer to Miami is haulover, but security is not that great, wouldnt leave the trailer overnight. I am just guessing, havent done it in a while, but forking is probably going to cost $100 each way.
Thanks for the info. I don't want to worry about shallowness and problems if I can avoid in an unfamiliar territory. You are right, I think I will also avoid Miami. If forking is that much, I will do my own launching. Things in your neck are more expensive for stuff like that.
I noticed your name chevelle71? Anything to do with 71 Chevelles?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I don't want to worry about shallowness and problems if I can avoid in an unfamiliar territory. You are right, I think I will also avoid Miami. If forking is that much, I will do my own launching. Things in your neck are more expensive for stuff like that.
I noticed your name chevelle71? Anything to do with 71 Chevelles?
Yup,

had a '71 that I started a frame off on, then got divorced, got into boats and sold the car 1/2 finished, wish I still had it. Like I said, I am not sure on the price, you would have to check, its been a while, and I was a marina member when I did it, so I didnt pay. The other advantage of trailering is fuel price. If boca resort will let you store the trailer, that is the way to go though, you will have a nice ride up the ICW from the pompano ramp, give yourself about an hour to get up there with no-wake zones, but in the summer you can run 30-35 through most of the areas. Boca inlet is right across the ICW from Boca resort, so if you have decent weather, running north to Peanut island is only about a 45 minute ride(including inlets), and Miami would be about an hour(depending on how hard you run). Not a whole lot to see along the ICW in either direction, unless ya just want to look at big houses, or stop at all of the Bar/Restaurants, in which case let me know, and we'll start up a list of those for ya

I hope to have my boat back together by then, so keep in touch, maybe we can meet up.

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.