Destin/Panama City info. please >

Destin/Panama City info. please

Notices

Destin/Panama City info. please

Old 11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Destin/Panama City info. please

We are planning our vacation for next summer. We will be bringing our boat and would like info on which marina, with nearby accomodations, would be best for us? This will be our first time boating in the Gulf and need all the information we can get. We will have our teenage boys with us. Are there any noteworthy events that we should schedule our trip around during the months of June or July?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

We always stay at Waterview Towers which is on Holiday Isle. It is a great place with great views and dockage with some of the Condos.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search Venture Out in Panama City Beach. They have a private ramp and next to St Andrews St Park.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Check out this website: www.emeraldgrande.com/harborwalk-village.aspx , very nice place , centrally located in the heart of Destin, as far as dockage in the area that is very limited for overnight accomadation , there is a launch across the street on what we call the the sound side at "DEWEY DESTIN SEAFOOD RESTAURANT" awesome place but a real hole in the wall.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered

Check www.vrbo.com, easy to find houses or condo's in Destin with docks. Harbor Landing is nice, newer condo's with nice slips. Holiday Isle is nice. Emerald Grande is really nice but I think you're boat would get beat to death there.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 AM
87cafe
VIP Member

holidayisle.net
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

Default I know it's an old thread but...

I know it's an old thread but... this is one of only a few that came up on a Panama City search.

I'd like to hear about good destinations from PCB that I can pull off in our 22'er

I am seriously considering dragging our boat down next spring break and found this info helpful, maybe it can help someone else out too:

List of boat ramps with map link and locations.

http://www.co.bay.fl.us/parks/ramps.php

Click on view of boat ramp locations.

Many condos and homes have room for you to park your boat. There are car/truck washes you can use to clean off your craft after a day out.

...rental condo allows you to park an RV or boat. So, we know there are many others that offer the same.

THIS CONDO KEPT COMING UP: MOONSPINNER (LAST RESORT BEFORE ST. ANDREWS PARK)

http://www.moonspinner.com/

CVONDO'S WITH BOAT SLIP…$65 per night
St. Thomas Square Resort (a.k.a. THE INN at THOMAS SQUARE)
http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationR...a.html#REVIEWS

http://www.lagoonlandings.com/ (I think it's the same complex)
Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Panama city beach

I was dragging my 382 home from the keys this spring and I got a call from a friend. Were going to Panama for a week where are you? I was heading north on 75 so I said OH Yeah! Nuther boat adventure. I called my wife and said "get on the next flight"..What a great spot....clean clear water. The week we were there winds were 10k or less. so instead of hassleing with beach parking you toss the anchor and let the stern almost on the beach. The water is crystal clear. I kept the boat at Pirates Cove Marina & dry stack, great crew. Strap launch and dock. You can run the "ditch" or the ocean...no speed limits, no noise cops, bars and restraunts on the water everywhere...AMAZING
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

By "Strap Launch" do you mean they pick it up off the trailer so you don't have to dip your trailer into salt water?
I was just warming up to the fact I may pull my boat down there and use it in the salt, flushing doesn't seem all that bad...until I remembered I'd have to dip my nice new, sweet ass painted trailer in also.
If strap launch is what I'm thinking I just may be game again.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Love the Destin area been boating there for about 2-3 years now. My crew and I make a yearly trip to fortwalton/Destin the first week of June, for the Billy bowlegs Festival. GREAT time to be there, mostly locals, and BIG party on the sand bar the Saturday of (not crab island that's the Sunday). We alos go down around September for some chill time.

Been ot PCB a million time, just never had a boat there. REALLY want to take mine and explore some, probably will if work ever lets me use the large amount of vacation time i have. love the water down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.