Info on buying in Cape Coral

Notices

Info on buying in Cape Coral

Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Spent the first 45 yrs of my life in Ohio and boating on Lake Erie. Good seasons you got 6 - 9 mnths in. The other 99% of the time you got 3!
Be prepared though cuz once you can boat all yr, you see how much gas really costs and you start breaking things you never thought possible and spend way more time working on the boat.
A friend was down from Ohio for 3 mnths and put 50 hrs on his boat.
I've had 50 hr SEASONS up north
Also agree on the areas in the Cape. I was in SW and loved it.
You'll also love the idea of only being a couple hrs from the Key's too.
Yea, I'm already figuring on doubling my boat fuel budget, on a normally boating season I've been going through 1K gal of fuel, about $4,000 bucks, but what i'm really looking forward to is boating to KW for the weekend.
I've got to get some more ocean time under my belt and go with someone that I trust whose do it before.
The Ft. Myers PBC looks like there's a bunch of nice guys in it, I know they head down that way occasionally.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is another run comin up . The FMO runs will give you a great intro to the waters around here.
SW Cape Coral is the place to be.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

This is for all the guys who used to boat in fresh water now in salt . I'm super fussy about every detail on my boat and heard the salt in that area is the worst , what have you've found ?

Larry
Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
There is another run comin up . The FMO runs will give you a great intro to the waters around here.
SW Cape Coral is the place to be.
Thanks for the info, I've been checking their web-site out occasionally.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
This is for all the guys who used to boat in fresh water now in salt . I'm super fussy about every detail on my boat and heard the salt in that area is the worst , what have you've found ?
Larry
I'm pretty picky myself Larry and I've boated my whole life in fresh water (had six diff boats), but I'm going to be finding out soon, I just don't know if I want to take my Formula down with us or sell it up here at LOTO and get something different in Florida, I'll just hate to see it get all ate up from the salt, but I think it's pretty much going to do it to any type of boat.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I'm pretty picky myself Larry and I've boated my whole life in fresh water (had six diff boats), but I'm going to be finding out soon, I just don't know if I want to take my Formula down with us or sell it up here at LOTO and get something different in Florida, I'll just hate to see it get all ate up from the salt, but I think it's pretty much going to do it to any type of boat.
As long as you rinse/ flush the engines and wash the boat after each use you will be fine. I have ran my motion for the last 4 years in salt and it looks no different than when I use to live in Minnesota.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
As long as you rinse/ flush the engines and wash the boat after each use you will be fine. I have ran my motion for the last 4 years in salt and it looks no different than when I use to live in Minnesota.
Don,

I'll be giving you a call soon (I've got your #) to hopefully get a little more CC info, we had to come home early when we were down in CC in February, we got home and three days later the wife had her gall bladder taken out.

Can't wait to get down and get our boat in the water, whatever it is.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Not as bad as every one thinks.

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32

Larry
I was a Great Lakes boater before moving down here. I've had my Sonic to the Keys twice so far and left it in the water for a week each time and saw no signs of corrosion when pulling it out.
I even use a steel trailer ; ) As already said, the key is to flush everything when you pull it out.
Although my trailer sat down there both times, the entire week w/o being flushed.
About the only thing I see is the salt residue (on hull and my O/B cowlings) from the spray once it evaporates.
As long as all of your hardware is stainless your fine.
Most guys only know what they hear.
Long term, yep it's nasty. Short term it's been ZERO issue for me.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Registered

Um I am in Ocala and have been down for the last three months trying to find a house..I skipped cc because I got scared away..WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING YOUR TRAILERS???I have heard horror stories about cc and boat trailers..There is even videos on youtube and even a show on TRU tv with the cc code enforcement.I have been looking in Port Charlotte because of this..But I know for a fact that the deals on houses are much better in cc..You all seem happy.Now I'm torn.I just figured that if their is so much trouble keeping your trailer on your property in a world record holding homes with canals than something is wrong.Can some one shed some light for me?I am moving down with one boat and my Drag car.The car will always be garaged but It needs to be trailered.this is the reason I am in Ocala I have two ares here but the fuel trailering my boats and cars south is killing me so we agreed to move south and close to the water.Not on it.Am i missing something?

Last edited by sankanother1; 03-25-2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: stupidity
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Drywall?
china drywall was used on 90% of the houses in the area from 2003 though 2006...Look under the sinks at the water valves the copper will turn black.if it is take a swtich plate off the wall and look at the ground wire.if its black RUN!!!!...Take a flash light to the mirror or look real close they turn black(little spots) and the lighting fixtures will have minute surface rust on them..oh the air conditioning will not be working.The sulfur eats the a coils and any thing copper.Nasty stuff sick kids dogs with seizures.And the worst part is the last house I made a bid on the realtor would not disclose the fact that it had china drywall.I talked to my attorney and he said they are getting away with as is..BE CAREFUL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.