Going to Key West  June 14th to 17th, 2012 >

Going to Key West June 14th to 17th, 2012

Notices

Going to Key West June 14th to 17th, 2012

Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Key West June 14th to 17th, 2012

Hi Guys, during our month holidays in Florida next june, I'm planning a trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West. Anyone interested?

So far, I have checked the following marinas:

Conch Harbor Marina www.conchharbormarina.com
Galleon Marina www.galleonmarinakeywest.com
The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hôtel www.westinkeywestresort.com

Any feedback from you guys regarding those marinas would be very much appreciated.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Hi Guys, during our month holidays in Florida next june, I'm planning a trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West. Anyone interested?

So far, I have checked the following marinas:

Conch Harbor Marina www.conchharbormarina.com
Galleon Marina www.galleonmarinakeywest.com
The Westin Key West Resort & Marina Hôtel www.westinkeywestresort.com

Any feedback from you guys regarding those marinas would be very much appreciated.
We stayed at Galleon a few weeks ago. Great docks. Good location. We'll stay there again sometime.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Thanks for your input. How was the facilities, pool, showers, etc. We have A/C, so we will probably stay in the boat. So those services are also important to us. While you were there, did you visit Conch Harbor Marina?

I think that you did the trip from the Gulf side? We will be coming from Miami, and would like to do a stopover 1 night in between, any inputs?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for your input. How was the facilities, pool, showers, etc. We have A/C, so we will probably stay in the boat. So those services are also important to us. While you were there, did you visit Conch Harbor Marina?

I think that you did the trip from the Gulf side? We will be coming from Miami, and would like to do a stopover 1 night in between, any inputs?
We keep our boat in dry storage in Naples during the winter so, yes, we did come down the west side. On a calm day we can make the trip in a little over 2 hours.

The facilities at Galleon are pretty good. Great, newer floating docks. 50 amp and water. There are pretty good showers and a couple of older wash machine/dryers. There's an outdoor tiki bar close to the docs that you can hang out or get drinks to take back to the boat. Also a little place with coffee and stuff in the morning. I saw the pool but didn't use it. It looked fine.

For better or worse, the docks were very quiet. Good if you want to stumble in and go to sleep. Not so good if you want to party on your boat. I suspect a noisy boat would be frowned on. Generally an older, cruiser type crowd.

I didn't look too closely at Conch but we did spend some quality time at the bar/resteraunt/pool area they show on their site. It's a pretty fun place.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JimB-MN
We keep our boat in dry storage in Naples during the winter so, yes, we did come down the west side. On a calm day we can make the trip in a little over 2 hours.

The facilities at Galleon are pretty good. Great, newer floating docks. 50 amp and water. There are pretty good showers and a couple of older wash machine/dryers. There's an outdoor tiki bar close to the docs that you can hang out or get drinks to take back to the boat. Also a little place with coffee and stuff in the morning. I saw the pool but didn't use it. It looked fine.

For better or worse, the docks were very quiet. Good if you want to stumble in and go to sleep. Not so good if you want to party on your boat. I suspect a noisy boat would be frowned on. Generally an older, cruiser type crowd.

I didn't look too closely at Conch but we did spend some quality time at the bar/resteraunt/pool area they show on their site. It's a pretty fun place.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your input, very much appreciated. Actually, we are happy that it is a quiet place. We keep our 353 more for flexibility to trailer anywhere. Just made our reservation for Friday and Saturday night, June 15-16th at Galleon. The weekend after we are going to Bimini with The Florida Power Club, you should come down with us......
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for your input, very much appreciated. Actually, we are happy that it is a quiet place. We keep our 353 more for flexibility to trailer anywhere. Just made our reservation for Friday and Saturday night, June 15-16th at Galleon. The weekend after we are going to Bimini with The Florida Power Club, you should come down with us......
I wish I could but our boat will be back in MN by then. Hopefully we'll be there next week if the weather is good.

There are some great, slightly off the beaten path resteraunts on KW. Let me know before you go if you'd like a list of the ones we like. Others may know more.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

A month in Florida boating?

Running from Miami to KW, then the Bahamas Poker Run?? What an awesome trip!

Some day I have to find a way to do this!

Are we going to see you at any runs in the Northeast this summer or is all your summer boating tied up in this trip?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
A month in Florida boating?

Running from Miami to KW, then the Bahamas Poker Run?? What an awesome trip!

Some day I have to find a way to do this!

Are we going to see you at any runs in the Northeast this summer or is all your summer boating tied up in this trip?
No, not at all, I was gonna write to you to see if we can plan something!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Just booked room and docking on Thursday, June 14th, at Hawks Cay Resort located midway down the Florida Keys on the tropical island of Duck Key. http://www.hawkscay.com

Can't wait!.....