Miami and Keys suggestions

Notices

Miami and Keys suggestions

Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami and Keys suggestions

I am looking into possibly flying into Miami and spending 5 days or so between there and Key West sometime in February with the wife and I, no boat. Looking for suggestions on places to stay, to see, to eat at and so on. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.bayviewinn.com/
Love this place and 500wk effeciency apts on the water w/docks.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

There are earlier posts on the subject
Old 12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There are earlier posts on just about every subject possible. However on this one none are recent and most involve boating which I'm not looking for info on, we are just looking for a quick getaway. Thanks tho
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

OK....The best hotel in miami is Loews in south beach. Its $$$ but so worth it. Spend a couple days there. There is a ritz carlton in Coconut grove that also is nice. The hotels in the surrounding Miami area sometimes are sketchy. South Beach will give u a real sense of miami. The Biscayne bay marriott is also freshly remodled. On the way to Key West below Key Largo are two hampton inns, good but not great. DO NOT SPEED YOU WILL GET A TICKET!! Stop at Gilberts for their famous rum runners on the way to Key largo. Sundowners is a good place for lunch on the bay side in Islamorada. As you go south west Hawks Cay is OK but not my choice. First into Marathon is Island Fish on the bay side (right). Good lunch. Most fav Bar is Sparkeys Landing turn left at 6th street Key Colony beach. Patron rocks Marg..Keys fisheries midway past the airport on the right you can get pounds of Stone Crab from the fishing fleet WAY WORTH IT!! anytime.........Going south west across 7 mile bridge you are in Big pine key and Bahia Honda state park..OK but no bar! On to Key West....You can do all the tourist stuff in KW. The best hotel is the Windward Point Marriott but $$$. Make sure to eat 2 plates of cracked conch at Conch republic (not fritters) and see the sunset at "sunset bar"....There ya go!!

Last edited by fossil fuel; 12-03-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brett_p
There are earlier posts on just about every subject possible. However on this one none are recent and most involve boating which I'm not looking for info on, we are just looking for a quick getaway. Thanks tho
Recent is not revalant, nothing changes in the keys
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for all of the information, I appreciate it. I have no way of knowing what does or doesn't change in the keys since I'm not there much.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Isla-marata(spelling off) couple of great bars that are boat friendly.