Who's boating in Sarasota Florida >

Who's boating in Sarasota Florida

Notices

Who's boating in Sarasota Florida

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
While not a local or an expert, I've been boating there since the 70's. I spent all last winter trailering all over S Fl trying to find better and never did. Different, but not better.

The great places are off the path. Someone mentioned Marina Jacks which is very nice but just on the other side of City Island is O'Learys Tiki Bar. You have to idle thru the moored blo boats to find one dock by the rental boats. Great place in downtown SRQ for a quick Margaritta and shrimp. Live music too.

North to Cortez Bridge to the Seafood Shack for a great sunset view/drink/dinner.

South is my favorite from there but you are screwed until Vennis Inlet since Midnight Pass shoaled in. Manitee zones off an on and no way out to the gulf. This maybe why my favorites were down here. Short ride to Philippi Creek Oyster Bar with high tide. Turtle Beach is my favorite as it was a teenage hangout. The have nice new boat ramps now tho. There are two or three little places there together.

On down south to Casey Key Swing bridge to Blackburn Point which was nice and while your there you may as well go on down to the Venis Jettys and out in the Gulf for the run back north into Big Pass

Winter in Ohio this year...
Sounds like you need to get back in the sunshine Underdog88! You definitely named a some of the best spots around and I agree, I've boated in a lot of other beautiful areas in Florida and abroad over the years but haven't found a better location. How often you get down to Florida?

And who's looking forward to the offshore races this year!?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Underdog88
While not a local or an expert, I've been boating there since the 70's. I spent all last winter trailering all over S Fl trying to find better and never did. Different, but not better.

The great places are off the path. Someone mentioned Marina Jacks which is very nice but just on the other side of City Island is O'Learys Tiki Bar. You have to idle thru the moored blo boats to find one dock by the rental boats. Great place in downtown SRQ for a quick Margaritta and shrimp. Live music too.

North to Cortez Bridge to the Seafood Shack for a great sunset view/drink/dinner.

South is my favorite from there but you are screwed until Vennis Inlet since Midnight Pass shoaled in. Manitee zones off an on and no way out to the gulf. This maybe why my favorites were down here. Short ride to Philippi Creek Oyster Bar with high tide. Turtle Beach is my favorite as it was a teenage hangout. The have nice new boat ramps now tho. There are two or three little places there together.

On down south to Casey Key Swing bridge to Blackburn Point which was nice and while your there you may as well go on down to the Venis Jettys and out in the Gulf for the run back north into Big Pass

Winter in Ohio this year...
we stopped at the Seafood Shack last time and left as soon as we got there...place seem very out dated and there wasn't anyone there. But if you hug the mainland just south of Cortez bridge and go south of the Coast Guard post, there is a great little place called Cortez Kitchen??
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The glassed in upper deck is "for fancy". Downstairs and outside is for me. However inside below is still too nice for my bare feet. Had crab and scallops last new years day after the fun run. Very good... I'll look into the Cortez Kitchen next time down.

Maybe next fall/winter or before. Sister still lives there. Miss that place bad. New grandchild due anytime now so... I'm here. I need that green water!

Last edited by Underdog88; 02-27-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

+1 for Mar Vista, also Rotten Ralphs and Bridgetender Inn at the pier just south of Cortez are pretty good. I've never tried Cortez Kitchen but I've heard good things and it's definitely on my short list.

Tarpon Point has been good in the past but the service was awful the last few times I've been there.

Riverhouse Reef & Grill and Pier 22 are both on the Manatee river from each other and are both very good.

It's about time to start hitting the Longboat sandbar again!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Registered

oh and we are usually running around in this...

Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave3fl
+1 for Mar Vista, also Rotten Ralphs and Bridgetender Inn at the pier just south of Cortez are pretty good. I've never tried Cortez Kitchen but I've heard good things and it's definitely on my short list.

Tarpon Point has been good in the past but the service was awful the last few times I've been there.

Riverhouse Reef & Grill and Pier 22 are both on the Manatee river from each other and are both very good.

It's about time to start hitting the Longboat sandbar again!

Planning on weekend of 3/15, pending a favorable forecast.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Registered

Is Tarpon Point fairly new....the google earth images dont correlate to the website images...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tnc110
Is Tarpon Point fairly new....the google earth images dont correlate to the website images...
It opened summer of 2011 I believe but they have been expanding a lot. It's a really nice facility with a separate tiki bar, volleyball, cornhole, lots of docking, etc. There have been several fun runs and I think it's a stop on the poker run next weekend.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave3fl
It opened summer of 2011 I believe but they have been expanding a lot. It's a really nice facility with a separate tiki bar, volleyball, cornhole, lots of docking, etc. There have been several fun runs and I think it's a stop on the poker run next weekend.
Cool place and a nice trip up the Manatee River... They have some awesome shrimp hushpuppies!! The Cortez Kitchen is great place and they always have a pitcher of beer ready as soon as they us coming in! Great crew there!

What's the deal with the 3/15 run?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WellcraftNick233
Cool place and a nice trip up the Manatee River... They have some awesome shrimp hushpuppies!! The Cortez Kitchen is great place and they always have a pitcher of beer ready as soon as they us coming in! Great crew there!

What's the deal with the 3/15 run?
PRA run from Tampa to I believe Mar Vista and points in between.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...16-2013-a.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.