Notices

Miami to Cuba?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami to Cuba?

Always thought this was off limits.. sitting at the bar yesterday, A couple was talking about a trip they just took to Cuba in there 30' scarab.. i would have usually write this off to BS but it was a group of four with pictures to prove it.. guy stated to me he left Miami to Bimini and then jumped over to Cuba, told me all you do is radio in and let them know ur entering waters toward Hemingway marine.. you clear customs pay fees and your good to go.. told me there's always tons of american boats and yachts parked there.. told me you get no dirty looks just nice people and told me to tip well and you will have no issues? has anyone ever done this? can this be confirmed? would be a nice little trip if possible im thinking..
Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

Bob should chime in and give you a link to his many treads about many different trips similar to this, and even more!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Bobs a Canadian, little different.

Do they stamp your passport when you enter?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered

I have done the Bimini Hop with a 27 center console with twin outboards before. You should really be sure of the weather and you will be fine. Did not go to Cuba, but many people I know have with good results, just don't utter anything political and spend lots of money.

Do not chance the weather, if your not good for days don't do it.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NewBanana
Always thought this was off limits.. sitting at the bar yesterday, A couple was talking about a trip they just took to Cuba in there 30' scarab.. i would have usually write this off to BS but it was a group of four with pictures to prove it.. guy stated to me he left Miami to Bimini and then jumped over to Cuba, told me all you do is radio in and let them know ur entering waters toward Hemingway marine.. you clear customs pay fees and your good to go.. told me there's always tons of american boats and yachts parked there.. told me you get no dirty looks just nice people and told me to tip well and you will have no issues? has anyone ever done this? can this be confirmed? would be a nice little trip if possible im thinking..
As a Canadian, I'd love to do the trip. Let me know when you want to go. Maybe Bob the Builder will come too.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered

I've done the hop to Bimini .. I know weathers a huge factor .. But Cubas my next vac.. Lol excess ill let you keno when were making the jump..
Old 12-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Smoke a stogie for me! It's time to ease restrictions on travel to Cuba for Americans.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did it in 1980 with a friend in Miami. He went to pick up family at Mariel. He had a 45 Hatteras and thought he was only picking up 4 members of his family...Cuban thugs made us bring back 12 additional scumbags that 2: ended up getting killed before we got back to Florida. Bad memories....I would love to do that trip under better circumstances.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The name of the Hatteras wasn't "The 5 B's" was it?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewBanana
I've done the hop to Bimini .. I know weathers a huge factor .. But Cubas my next vac.. Lol excess ill let you keno when were making the jump..
What's the deal with the weather? Like it can pop up and you are dead?

Sorry, I'm from Kansas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.