Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Southeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us-243/)
-   -   Ft. Meyers to Marco Island (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us/318836-ft-meyers-marco-island.html)

ciaoderhead 10-07-2014 12:32 PM

Ft. Meyers to Marco Island

Looking for recomendations on hotels with marinas. Will be in the area a couple times over the winter and want to do some boating between Ft. Meyers and Marco.
Will be storing my boat in Ft Meyers. Thanks for any local info and recomendations!!

314joey 10-07-2014 12:41 PM

Pink Shell is super nice and it's on Ft. Myers Beach, doesn't have a full blown marina, but it's got docks and gas and stuff.

drejustice 10-07-2014 05:04 PM

Lin, we'll be keep the boat in Naples Dec-April. Hopefully one of our mutual trips will overlap :)

tommymonza 10-07-2014 05:35 PM

Tough to beat Pink Shell it is very nice and right down the street from all the great little bars with out staying by them.

it is right on the beach with a nice bar and 3 pools and the marina is brand new

South Seas Blows these is nothing to do there and it is expensive.

Tween Waters the same unless you are into fishing.

Naples Bay Resort,is nice and a short walk from all the nice restaurants and bars on 5th Avenue

314joey 10-07-2014 06:13 PM

Other than the small area around the Lani Kai where all the college kids hang out, I'm not sure I would call any part of Ft. M Beach seedy, there is a ton of million dollar homes on it though, that's just my opinion though.

314joey 10-08-2014 09:00 AM

That's why we live in SW Cape, we can go to any of the places you mention in 30 minutes and then go home to our nice little area.

I think that stuff you mention is just about everywhere now, even in Naples and Marco Island, just my opinion

Crude Intentions 10-08-2014 09:53 AM

Then call me seedy!! I drink at lani Kai. Like bar hopping on the beach. I'm 34 about to be 35 so no college kid here. Hemi I'm sorry but it ain't half as bad as your making it out to sound. My parents in their 50s like bar hopping down there. None of us are homeless, drug addicts or any of the sort.

tommymonza 10-08-2014 10:00 AM

Lania Kia has a newly redone indoor restaurant on the roof that has a great happy hour from 3 till 7 everyday even Sunday and the food is great . They make a killer real italian personal Pizza that is 5 bucks on happy hour with a view out the windows that stretches from Sanibel to Marco on a clear day..

Years ago I would not ever dreamed eating at the Lania Kia but a bunch of the Staff from Salty Sams moved over there and really ,made it a great place,

The upstairs crowd is older and refined .

Can't beat The beach for all its funky little bars . I will take them over stuffy overpriced Naples 5th bars anyday but to each their own.

314joey 10-08-2014 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin (Post 4199485)
Then call me seedy!! I drink at lani Kai. Like bar hopping on the beach. I'm 34 about to be 35 so no college kid here. Hemi I'm sorry but it ain't half as bad as your making it out to sound. My parents in their 50s like bar hopping down there. None of us are homeless, drug addicts or any of the sort.

You better watch out for all those crackhead homeless college kids, they're dangerous, I'm still trying to figure out where all the seedy people are, guess I'm seedy too.

Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, I wonder what Key West is then, a flop house.

Crude Intentions 10-08-2014 11:34 AM

Yeah if ft myers beach is bad key west must be in line with the worst ghettos in Detroit, la, ny and Baltimore. Lol