Whatis Punta Gorda Like ? >

Whatis Punta Gorda Like ?

Notices

Whatis Punta Gorda Like ?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Whatis Punta Gorda Like ?

I have lived on the SE Coast for 35 years and am considering that area down the road for retirement.

Anyone on the Forum live there ?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the city data forum very useful to learn about different areas...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/punta...etirement.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/punta...nta-gorda.html
Old 03-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Head over there sometime sprink, it's not a bad little place. They have a ton of canal homes that would be considered cheap by EC standards.

Definitely slower but that's not always bad. I haven't been there in a couple of years but last there downtown looked like they were trying to livein it up some.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nice town, but more laid back than the East Coast, Fisherman's Wharf, cool shoppes and Harpoon Harry's looking over the bay.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

Sleepy town. A good hike from i-75 and a long haul up Charlotte Harbor to get out to the Gulf is the reason I don't care for it.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Lived on that coast for a while, way to slow paced for my liking. Very very very sleepy town. Homes on the water are very cheap compared to SE Florida. If you are a real layed back guy, you would like it, if not, don't move there. Sidewalks roll up real early.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered

Nice place. I live close by. As others have said, it's very laid back. Lots of snow birds. Summer is a ghost town. Most homes are on canals. Great place to retire if you want a slow pace of life. If you If you want to be closer to the gulf, may want to check out Boca Grande, Pine Island, Placida, Palm Island and the Englewood area.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My folks have wintered there since the mid '80's. By road...45 minutes to a hour from some of the best beaches anywhere. Prices for canal homes are comparable to Cape Coral but generally newer/nicer. Punta Gorda Isles is pretty nice with lots of canal homes. Downtown was hammered by Hurricane Charlie and is very nice now. Lots more upscale, younger, more affluent crowd restaurants right downtown. The boat ride across Charlotte Harbor to Boca Grande is a haul and not much to look at. Water in the harbor can get very rough. Allegiant flies into Punta Gorda airport which is very handy and keeps one out of Fort Myers International. I have a condo in Englewood on Manasota Key but GPI would be desirable if I wanted a boat house and not a beach house.

Sidney
Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommymonza
...A good hike from i-75...
I assume you mean I-75 across Alligater Alley (from Naples to Miami) because I-75 that runs north and south just skirts the edge of the city.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Snow Birds for 13 years,wife missed the grand kids sold our place in Burnt Store Marina. Loved it,would move back tomorrow if we could.If I remember correctly you purchased the purple sport that I found in Ft Lauderdale.Do you still have it...let me know Bud Weisner 312-607-3115 bud [email protected] Thanks Bud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.