Like Tree14Likes

Lake Hartwell

Reply
Old 10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 441
Default

I miss living in Anderson. I worked too much the short time I was there so I did not do enough boating. But it is beautiful up there.
obrien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:02 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Piedmont SC
My Boats: 29' Fever HP 500, 20' Seacraft c/c 200hp merc.
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien View Post
I miss living in Anderson. I worked too much the short time I was there so I did not do enough boating. But it is beautiful up there.
Yes it is beautiful here. We live within a 30 to 45 minute drive to some awesome upstate lakes,Jocassee and the upper part of Keowee are expecially beautiful this time of year.I live about 15 minutes out of downtown Greenville just over the Anderson county line.So it is convenient to Hartwell, Jocassee,and Keowee. I really wanted to go to the lake this weekend with this beautiful weather we are having, but I decided to wait till next weekend when I'll be off of work for a long 5 day weekend.Think we'll go to Jocassee next weekend, before all the trees loose their leaves. Last time I was in the water was the 16th. We put in at Portman shoals marina and went down almost to the dam to a friends lake house. Beautiful weather and slick water made for a couple brief 70 mph runs. I keep telling myself this engine only has about 5 hours on it, take it easy, but dang it was running good! On the run back up the lake we went up to the Clemson marina where I saw another boat like mine so I had to go investigate. As I was trying to turn around between the covered row of docks I herd someone yelling HEY!...HEY!... I turned around to see someone running down the gangway to the docks waving their hands. I thought I was in some kind of trouble and remembered thinking to myself I was just puttin around with the boat exhaust buttoned up and not creating a disturbance... what gives? So I kill the engine and ask whats up? can I help you? To which he replied, is that a 29, I say yes, and from there a conversation started about boats! Turns out he had just sold the 29 I was checking out at the docks and was going to be moving up to a 38.We exchanged names and I got an invite back to check out his new boat.This sport boat thing is a sickness and I'm glad I caught it!
FOUNTAINFLY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Piedmont SC
My Boats: 29' Fever HP 500, 20' Seacraft c/c 200hp merc.
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOUNTAINFLY View Post
Yes it is beautiful here. We live within a 30 to 45 minute drive to some awesome upstate lakes,Jocassee and the upper part of Keowee are expecially beautiful this time of year.I live about 15 minutes out of downtown Greenville just over the Anderson county line.So it is convenient to Hartwell, Jocassee,and Keowee. I really wanted to go to the lake this weekend with this beautiful weather we are having, but I decided to wait till next weekend when I'll be off of work for a long 5 day weekend.Think we'll go to Jocassee next weekend, before all the trees loose their leaves. Last time I was in the water was the 16th. We put in at Portman shoals marina and went down almost to the dam to a friends lake house. Beautiful weather and slick water made for a couple brief 70 mph runs. I keep telling myself this engine only has about 5 hours on it, take it easy, but dang it was running good! On the run back up the lake we went up to the Clemson marina where I saw another boat like mine so I had to go investigate. As I was trying to turn around between the covered row of docks I herd someone yelling HEY!...HEY!... I turned around to see someone running down the gangway to the docks waving their hands. I thought I was in some kind of trouble and remembered thinking to myself I was just puttin around with the boat exhaust buttoned up and not creating a disturbance... what gives? So I kill the engine and ask whats up? can I help you? To which he replied, is that a 29, I say yes, and from there a conversation started about boats! Turns out he had just sold the 29 I was checking out at the docks and was going to be moving up to a 38.We exchanged names and I got an invite back to check out his new boat.This sport boat thing is a sickness and I'm glad I caught it!
A couple of photos at portman shoals marina ramp.We need some rain![ATTACH=CONFIG]561298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561299[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Hartwell-20161016_164058.jpg   Lake Hartwell-20161016_164549-1-.jpg  
FOUNTAINFLY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:12 PM
  #24
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hartwell, Ga
My Boats: 04 Stingray
Posts: 56
Default

We sure do. I put off moving my dock as long as I could. I finally gave in and moved it this past weekend. But I have enjoyed this warm weather. Love still being able to get into the water, float and drink a beer or 2 in November.
outta control is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:39 AM
  #25
Registered
 
aquaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
My Boats: Three Birds !!! 242SS, 242LS and 419 FASTech
Posts: 1,477
Default

The rain came last night for sure. Maybe some level changing for the better.
aquaforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Jefferson, GA
My Boats: 2003 velocity 260
Posts: 115
Default

We plan on doing some boating on hartwell next year, just need to find a good ramp on the ga side. We live about the same distance from hartwell and lanier.
gotstreetracin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:24 AM
  #27
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hartwell, Ga
My Boats: 04 Stingray
Posts: 56
Default

Harbour light marina is on ga side right at 85 bridge. Very close to 85. Gum branch mega ramp is just outside city of hartwell not so close to 85. But if coming up highway 29 easy to get to. I always launch at Crawfords Ferry small one lane corp ramp. Free never busy in very deep water.
outta control is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
  #28
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hartwell, Ga
My Boats: 04 Stingray
Posts: 56
Default

Every year I throw a party to kick off summer. I call it DRINKO. This year it is May 20th. It is an adult oriented party. So normal lake fun. I have a party toon I drag out to a cove. Located here > https://goo.gl/maps/1CiDPpe745z
This year we will have a full live band playing. Music to start around 1 going to 5-6 range. It will be hard to miss us. Look for the double deck toon with a 3x5 pirate flag 20 feet in the air. Not to mention 15 or so boats rafted-up.
outta control is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 AM
  #29
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toccoa, Ga
My Boats: 1995 Baja 20' Hotshot
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outta control View Post
Every year I throw a party to kick off summer. I call it DRINKO. This year it is May 20th. It is an adult oriented party. So normal lake fun. I have a party toon I drag out to a cove. Located here > https://goo.gl/maps/1CiDPpe745z
This year we will have a full live band playing. Music to start around 1 going to 5-6 range. It will be hard to miss us. Look for the double deck toon with a 3x5 pirate flag 20 feet in the air. Not to mention 15 or so boats rafted-up.
Is the party still on ?
hotrod77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:34 AM
  #30
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hartwell, Ga
My Boats: 04 Stingray
Posts: 56
Default

Heck yea
outta control is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.