Looking at moving to southern Florida >

Looking at moving to southern Florida

Notices

Looking at moving to southern Florida

Old 04-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at moving to southern Florida

Hey all, as the kids get older the wife and myself are growing tired of the cold snowy winters here in Idaho. After spending the winter watching videos of boating in south Florida between boat jobs, it has gotten us wanting to move to a warmer area. Being a certified marine mechanic for 10+ years now, Florida seems like it would be a perfect fit. We have been looking into Cape Coral the most, but aren't overlooking anywhere that would put us within 30 minutes or so from water access. Currently we are planing a weekish long road trip for spring next year. We want to make sure that it is actually a place that we want to move to. Where should we visit? So far we are planning on flying into Miami and staying a couple days, then to Key west for a couple days, Cape Coral for a couple days, Tampa for a couple days, back to the East coast and spend a couple more days as we make our way back to Miami. Any shops I should stop into and chat with on my trip? Any cool bars/ spots to see? Any particular time of the year if spring isn't the best?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Terry Martin / W.Kentucky
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Following.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 361 Likes on 183 Posts

PM Cashbar on here, he's a Floridian realtor, I'm sure he can assist you
Old 04-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 107 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks F2

Southeast Florida is my area. Lots of members live or Winter here. Lots over in Ft Myers/CC too. Happy to help with anything, not just real estate.

gcoffshore at aol dot com
Old 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I live in Cape Coral. Lots of memebers and FMO over here. If you wanna know any info shoot me a text. 850-238-5655. I'd be glad to help with the area. Mike
Old 04-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Registered

lived in a few areas in fla. Like the east coast the best liked Stuart fla area a lot. one brother lives near Tampa another in Jupiter area.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Registered

Awesome! thanks for all the replies everyone! As the wife and I start to plan our trip a bit more I will ask for input. All we know for now is we want to spend a week or two to check out the areas.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Registered

I am further up the east coast around the cocoa beach area. One thing I can say about where I live is the real estate is dramatically cheaper than elsewhere. Sea Ray builds their Yacht lines right in my backyard as well.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Registered

OK, so if you were planning on a 10-12 day trip where all would you visit? The wife and I are going to be renting a car to check the state out. Probably land in Miami and start/end our vacation there. Deffinitaly want to check out miami, The Keys, Cape Coral, Tampa, and a bit on the east coast. Was thinking of avoiding Orlando.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Registered

Make a giant loop? Miami down the coast to the keys, back up the other side to Tampa, across (And through Orlando) back down the East coast to Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.