New to Cape Coral

Notices

New to Cape Coral

Old 08-25-2019, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to Cape Coral

Hello
We just moved to a canal home in Cape Coral fl. I have quickly found out I'm in need od a Bimini top and a chart plotter. In Atlanta we boated on allatoona lake. Im curious where people hang out on their boats. A party island or something like that. Also I have heard there is a power boat club or something of the sorts around here. I'd like to meet up with some of y'all and learn the lay of the land so to speak. Looking fwd meeting some good folks out here.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula292dsb
Hello
We just moved to a canal home in Cape Coral fl. I have quickly found out I'm in need od a Bimini top and a chart plotter. In Atlanta we boated on allatoona lake. Im curious where people hang out on their boats. A party island or something like that. Also I have heard there is a power boat club or something of the sorts around here. I'd like to meet up with some of y'all and learn the lay of the land so to speak. Looking fwd meeting some good folks out here.
If you haven't already, check out the Ft. Meyers Offshore club. I did one event with a friend, seemed like a really cool, laid back group. Hope you're enjoying Cape Coral!
-Tom
The following users liked this post:
Nothing personel 353 (05-23-2020)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ft Myers offshore. FMO. Next run Oct 5th to south seas. Feel free to reach out there’s a group of us who go boating a lot.

Mike 850-238-5655.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FMO run this Saturday, 11/30. Not sure who all is running?
Old 11-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

New also to Cape Coral lot of places and short run to gulf! There are a few slow downs but for the most part great boating town! Ft Meyers close and Boat races are annual event now!I may also join FWO club good luck safe boating!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

I just moved to Cape Coral last week as well, but I haven't brought my boat down yet. Can't wait for year round boating
Old 05-14-2020, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 271 Formula Fastech in Cape Coral

I'll bump this thread rather than start a new one. First post for me after lurking for months. Was here many years ago with a 1990s Fountain Fever 27. Moved to SE Cape Coral in January. Buying a 2000 Formula 271 Fastech tomorrow. Entire boat is original and bone stock.

After so many years not owning or driving a boat I am a bit nervous about maneuvering the mint 271 in and out of the lift, around the canals, and in the channel-marker-crazyness there seems to exist everywhere around here. Need to get everything from lines to charts and NAV before I'll splash, but I'll get there soon. Normally I would have floated around on my neighbors' boats and at least have some ideas, but thanks to Covid Krazystan times, I am on my own. Just me, an iPad w/Nav apps, and perhaps a first-time-in-a-boat lady friend to help me keep the bow from hitting anything... There is a chance that I'll survive without a scratch, small, but it is possible...

Looking forward to meeting many of you soon!
Old 05-15-2020, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to cape

Originally Posted by SpidRacer
I'll bump this thread rather than start a new one. First post for me after lurking for months. Was here many years ago with a 1990s Fountain Fever 27. Moved to SE Cape Coral in January. Buying a 2000 Formula 271 Fastech tomorrow. Entire boat is original and bone stock.

After so many years not owning or driving a boat I am a bit nervous about maneuvering the mint 271 in and out of the lift, around the canals, and in the channel-marker-crazyness there seems to exist everywhere around here. Need to get everything from lines to charts and NAV before I'll splash, but I'll get there soon. Normally I would have floated around on my neighbors' boats and at least have some ideas, but thanks to Covid Krazystan times, I am on my own. Just me, an iPad w/Nav apps, and perhaps a first-time-in-a-boat lady friend to help me keep the bow from hitting anything... There is a chance that I'll survive without a scratch, small, but it is possible...

Looking forward to meeting many of you soon!
as you can tell from my name I have a Formula to 92 I just moved down here from Georgia last August pretty much did the same thing that you’re doing with the iPhone apps and all that stuff I quickly found out I needed a plotter so I bought a Garman 742 I come out at rum runners. Not thru the lock though. If you want I’ll be glad to go out with you and show ya what I’ve learned. My boats in the driveway however I should be launching it this weekend as I just finished doing its annual fluids and clean up. Let me know
Old 05-15-2020, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

If you need an experienced first mate, give me a call. I recently moved here myself and sold both of my boats during the move, so I won't be much help with navigation, but very experienced at handling a boat. I also have a chart plotter for sale cheap if you are interested.

Joe 812 202 0403
Twin O/B Sonic (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
If you need an experienced first mate, give me a call. I recently moved here myself and sold both of my boats during the move, so I won't be much help with navigation, but very experienced at handling a boat. I also have a chart plotter for sale cheap if you are interested.

Joe 812 202 0403
Joe is a good honest guy. He helped me when I first moved to Barkley/Kentucky Lakes area.
The following 2 users liked this post by GLENAMY 242SS:
Nothing personel 353 (05-23-2020), Twin O/B Sonic (05-15-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.