Boating Areas Around Merritt Island >

Boating Areas Around Merritt Island

Notices

Boating Areas Around Merritt Island

Old 10-17-2020, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating Areas Around Merritt Island

Looking to get some feedback on boating areas and possibly a waterfront house in this area.

Indian River
Sykes Creek
Banana River

Any areas better than others or areas that I should stay away from.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2020, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 270 Likes on 142 Posts

Close to inlet, good fishing clean water

Sandbar/spoil islands between sebastian inlet and North to christianson landing are popular

Have you looked further south around sebastian inlet sebastian fl.
Depends on your activity schedule size of boat, and time of year, winters' coming !
https://www.vrbo.com/search/keywords...Included=false

Last edited by outonsafari; 11-02-2020 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari View Post

Close to inlet, good fishing clean water

Sandbar/spoil islands between sebastian inlet and North to christianson landing are popular

Have you looked further south around sebastian inlet sebastian fl.
Depends on your activity schedule size of boat, and time of year, winters' coming !
https://www.vrbo.com/search/keywords...Included=false

Thanks for the reply, But I need to know more about the area in the map that I listed in the post. That will be where we will be at.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

What do you want to know? Are you looking to buy, rent, vacation? There are a few of us that live on Merritt island or cocoa beach.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
What do you want to know? Are you looking to buy, rent, vacation? There are a few of us that live on Merritt island or cocoa beach.

I am looking to buy a house there. Below is a list of "wants", any information would be appreciated.

I would consider anywhere on the east coast that has majority of these

Area Requirements

- ( < 1 Hour) Drive from Orlando International Airport

- Beach / Intercoastal / River ( < 10 Mins)

- Shopping, Restaurants, Nightlife ( < 10 - 15 Mins )

- High Density of People Age Range 20-40

- Safe, Nice Neighborhood

Neighborhood Requirements

- Single Family Home

- Price of Homes in neighborhood 300k-600k

- No Swampy or Heavy Wooded Areas
Old 11-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

Ok that is easy except the age thing!

Orlando airport is a straight drive down 528, 45 min.

noght life, we moved from cities not the same but laid back and fun. PM me you number it will be much easier to talk on the phone.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad I stumbled onto this thread, I bought a waterfront lot on south Merritt Island, Indian River side.

Moving there in June, wondering what bars, restaurants, inns or resorts nearby that can accommodate my Stinger 390X?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 07-26-2021, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Figured I would revive this thread. Having to relocate to Melbourne for new job I took in May. Originally was trying to move to Cape Coral/Fort Myers area, but they want me more local, so the space coast it is.
Boss said I should look into Merritt Island but I don't think he pays me enough!
I called a couple marina's around Melbourne/Palm Bay, but they either didn't have indoor dry stack, or they wouldn't take on my type of boat because it would disturb their current customers. Found the Sebastian Inlet Marina that would eventually take mine once its water worthy again, or they have an opening.
I was told the river has a 35mph speed limit. Is this true? If so seems most larger boats probably head offshore.
How is the Port Canaveral inlet? Is it busy with the lock & cruise ship traffic? I was looking at the Cocoa area, but not sure I would want to deal with that inlet if you have to wait on locks, etc.
Where do most people go? Just hang out at sandbar? Or other places along the coast?
Initially looking for house to rent to give me time to find area I would want to permanently settle in, so been looking in the Palm Shores to Palm Bay area. Don't have to worry about kids, but I do want 1gbe home internet.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity View Post
Figured I would revive this thread. Having to relocate to Melbourne for new job I took in May. Originally was trying to move to Cape Coral/Fort Myers area, but they want me more local, so the space coast it is.
Boss said I should look into Merritt Island but I don't think he pays me enough!
I called a couple marina's around Melbourne/Palm Bay, but they either didn't have indoor dry stack, or they wouldn't take on my type of boat because it would disturb their current customers. Found the Sebastian Inlet Marina that would eventually take mine once its water worthy again, or they have an opening.
I was told the river has a 35mph speed limit. Is this true? If so seems most larger boats probably head offshore.
How is the Port Canaveral inlet? Is it busy with the lock & cruise ship traffic? I was looking at the Cocoa area, but not sure I would want to deal with that inlet if you have to wait on locks, etc.
Where do most people go? Just hang out at sandbar? Or other places along the coast?
Initially looking for house to rent to give me time to find area I would want to permanently settle in, so been looking in the Palm Shores to Palm Bay area. Don't have to worry about kids, but I do want 1gbe home internet.
No traffic issues with the inlet and it's relatively calm. Not sure of a speed limit on the river but I've definitely seen some going much faster than 35 from our condo balcony on the river just south of the port. There's a six wide ramp at the jetty park east side of the inlet so 1500' or so trip to the open ocean. Google maps should show all the details.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
No traffic issues with the inlet and it's relatively calm. Not sure of a speed limit on the river but I've definitely seen some going much faster than 35 from our condo balcony on the river just south of the port. There's a six wide ramp at the jetty park east side of the inlet so 1500' or so trip to the open ocean. Google maps should show all the details.
Thanks. Yeah I have been studying Google maps frequently trying to figure things out. The Cocoa area looks to have a lot more marina's & waterfront establishments compared to Sebastian, but I wasn't sure what the river or cruise ship experience would be like there. So sounds like I have options up north too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.