tunnel tab on 36' >

tunnel tab on 36'

Notices

tunnel tab on 36'

Old 01-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: tunnel tab on 36'

Tres, your absolutly right! The technology, and speeds today are growing at a faster rate than the drivers can, so how about some tips on driving a cat with and without a tunnel tab in the general section for all of us? I would love to take your class sometime, but in the mean time how about some pointers.
By the way, where did you get your start? My dad used to race hydros, then some vbottom stuff, and there were also a couple of cats around. I was pretty young at the time so I didn't get the realm of everything, but when its all around you its suprising how much you pick up on. Unfortunatly he passed away in a boating accident in 1992, nighttime and alcohol, he was not the driver, so I am well aware of the dangers of "pleasure" boating. Thanks Rob.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't use the tab.....if you have to ask how to use it....don't
ever, ever use it....you probably won't ever need it for
pleasure boating anyway.

otto
Old 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Tres, your absolutly right! The technology, and speeds today are growing at a faster rate than the drivers can, so how about some tips on driving a cat with and without a tunnel tab in the general section for all of us? I would love to take your class sometime, but in the mean time how about some pointers.
By the way, where did you get your start? My dad used to race hydros, then some vbottom stuff, and there were also a couple of cats around. I was pretty young at the time so I didn't get the realm of everything, but when its all around you its suprising how much you pick up on. Unfortunatly he passed away in a boating accident in 1992, nighttime and alcohol, he was not the driver, so I am well aware of the dangers of "pleasure" boating. Thanks Rob.
Pointer.Tunnel tabs for cats can do several different things, one of course is to raise the compression in the tunnel by blocking air,. a tab with cut sides are made to plane off but sometimes many use them to get hop out or the tab can still create some blockage of air incresing lift once again. If the tab in either case is deployed, and you are carrying speed and somone pulls out in from of you and you have to turn quickly to avoid , the tab will cause the bow to plunge in the turn resulting in a spin out or being turned over. In a nut shell. Take the class! So much information you need to drive the correct way.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Tres, thank you for the response.