stero advice for 30 spec >

stero advice for 30 spec

Notices

stero advice for 30 spec

Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile stero advice for 30 spec

Hello fellow spectre owners, im looking for any suggustions i should look into for my 01 30 spectre. The boat currently has a cd receiver mounted in the center console, you have to sit in the middle back seat to change radio stations. The boat has 2 amps mounted in back. They are located under left side engine hatch and mounted on front firewall , They are both enclosed in a custom box with glass and fans.
The 2 8 inch subs are mounted under the left dash. I have 2 speakers, 2 tweeters mounted on the front floor by your feet and the others are mounted on side panels towards back seats.
I would like to be able to hear stero when crusing. While driving at 55 to 60 mph all sound is gone. When sitting and idling stero is crisp and load.
Ok so yesterday i had a pro stero guro look at my baby and this is what he recommend so i could hear better at speeds. All stero componets replaced[hes looking into componets this week] The basic describtion is to run 2 12inch subs and relocate them foward of the seating area[inside cabin] He said the bass will work correctly being inside. He will use two 500 watt amps and might relocated them into the cabin with the subs as its dry in there. Any opions on this location. I was worried it would take more of a pounding having the amps mounted further forward. i have a picture of the cabin ares, i cant post the pic but i could email to someone to post if wanted.. The 4 tweeters,speakers would be replaced with 10 high grade speakers. The speakers would be custom installed as they would be 2 side by side now . He also would be making a backing for the speakers so the sound is directed correctly. All my speakers that i have now are mounted incorrectly with no backing, so the sound doesnt know which way to go.he says lol. After everything is done he said my sound will atleast double and be clear.
The radio will be satellite, ipod ready. I wish i could keep radio were it is now but have a lcd screen on dash showing me all info, track # if cd on, or radio station, artist info. I would like to be able to change radio stations under way or lower volume. I dont want a remote control as i loose them lol. I cant find a hard wired remote THAT CHANGES CHANNELS,HAS VOLUME AND SHOWS WHAT CHANNEL YOUR ON .? But we can go to mars with a remote control car and it has a battery that doesnt need charging for a year and a half.
It would be nice to have a rear view cam and monitor on dash showing the rear view . Is this cabable?
I would like to hear about your radio in your spectre[pics] and were everything is mounted. Any other electronics you care to share.
Can anyone here there stero when going 60 in ther 30 spec. I have the factory wind screen on my boat ? Any suggustions or any other tech stuff i should lok at
Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

one place you might think about putting the subs is behind the back seat, with the speakers facing forward. I know we did several boats that way with a special enclosure just for the subs. Another thing we did on the 36 spectres was to put subs on either side of the console. I know these may not be the absolute best locations for the speakers for the best sound, but it will work pretty good. the most likely problem with putting subs in the 30 console will be depth for the speakers. If I am not mistaken clarion has a nice head unit and remote that work pretty good. I would have to agree with the stereo guy on putting the amps under the front deck. I would through bolt them to one of the bulkheads. Only down side is that is not much fun to crawl up there. Definitely pull one of the front seats out when the time comes to do the install. its only 4 nuts and the seat comes out.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

in my 30 i mounted a power bazooka tube under the deck ontop of the tunnel, speakers on the drivers and passengers side front foot rests, and rear gunnels for the rear passengers. the bass tube under the deck was amazing...turned the whole hull of the boat into a bass tube
Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by obrien
one place you might think about putting the subs is behind the back seat, with the speakers facing forward. I know we did several boats that way with a special enclosure just for the subs. Another thing we did on the 36 spectres was to put subs on either side of the console. I know these may not be the absolute best locations for the speakers for the best sound, but it will work pretty good. the most likely problem with putting subs in the 30 console will be depth for the speakers. If I am not mistaken clarion has a nice head unit and remote that work pretty good. I would have to agree with the stereo guy on putting the amps under the front deck. I would through bolt them to one of the bulkheads. Only down side is that is not much fun to crawl up there. Definitely pull one of the front seats out when the time comes to do the install. its only 4 nuts and the seat comes out.
Thats a good suggestion putting subbs behind the back seat as theres tons of room. Ill ask the stero guro guy.
What do you think of putting two speakers in console in replace of subs idea. I know the guro guy mentioned it. Ill look into the clarion line, txs.
I have both seats out know and i dont mind going in there lol . Mr guro said i should take out the other side bulk head so the sound is equal coming out of hull[as subs might be there]. So i would have both bulheads open, drivers side and passenger, u follow me? Seems logical
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
in my 30 i mounted a power bazooka tube under the deck ontop of the tunnel, speakers on the drivers and passengers side front foot rests, and rear gunnels for the rear passengers. the bass tube under the deck was amazing...turned the whole hull of the boat into a bass tube
The whole boat bass tube i like it. Theres tons of room on top of the tunnel. The rib support on top of the tunnel, do you think its ok to thru bolt thru it ?? Its technically not a bulkhead since it doesnt go all the way up to the top deck . It looks strong , just wasnt sure if amp or speaker could mount to it.

If two big subs{some heavy} and two amps were mounted there on top, will the weight of the componets have a affect on the boat ? Berns could you hear your stero under way? txs
Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Registered

regular speakers would probably be better in the center console, atleats that way, you won't have the vibration issues. As far as what you are saying about removing the bulkheads, I don't quite follow.

the center support on top of the tunnel would be fine I think for mounting a set of bass tubes. I would still put the amps on a bulkhead though, and thru-bolt them
Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i wrapped 2 aluminum straps around the tube and screwed them to the center support...i could hear clearly up til bout 60ish...then the wind noise took over...PLUS over 60 i was all about listening to the 300x's purrrr
Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=obrien;2542916]regular speakers would probably be better in the center console, atleats that way, you won't have the vibration issues. As far as what you are saying about removing the bulkheads, I don't quite follow.
Obrien I have pics butt i cant post!!! In order to get into tunnel part of boat you lay down on floor and crawl thru a bulhead as one of them is opened on the right side of my boat. Well on the left side of the boat [by your feet] my access whole is plugged up with a bulkhead,or support wall, or wood , whatever you want to call it lol. If i remove it sound will come out of hull equally as left side and right side as has the same size opening now. Basically like burns said entire boat will become the bass tube.

I didnt not know this boat had a chamber under the 2 front seats, 1 on each side of the hull and the chamber is pretty deep as it looks like it goes back to the back seat. These chambers will capture the bass which is right under you, it should sound sick when its all done. I have pictures of both chambers ,can someone post them for me. I can email the pics to whoever wants !
Old 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i wrapped 2 aluminum straps around the tube and screwed them to the center support...i could hear clearly up til bout 60ish...then the wind noise took over...PLUS over 60 i was all about listening to the 300x's purrrr
I noticed the purr on my x"s starts around 55mph, and i love it to. Once i put the winshield on the purr sounded a little loader. I took pics of center support today, its nice and solid for thru bolting the componets.
I would like to get a bigger chartplotter, but it seems like space might be an issue as its a little tight right side of steering wheel. Mine came with a garmin 168 sounder! Screen is 3.5 x 3.5 in. Black and white picture. Overal size is 6in.H X 5in.W Screen thickness is 1.5in. I again have pics if someone wants to POST

Whats everybody have on there boat or recommend? My eyes arent what they used to be
Old 04-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

if you could email some of those pics to me, so I can see exactly what you are talking about
[email protected]

Quick Reply: stero advice for 30 spec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.