Spectre vs others? >

Spectre vs others?

Notices

Spectre vs others?

Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spectre vs others?

How does a 32 Spectre compare to the equivalent Skater or Eliminator in speed, handling, fit & finish, etc? Skaters are astoundingly expensive, for example, and it's not clear why they command a substantial ($100k+?) premium. They do fit Arneson's, which is neat, though I'll probably go with outboards. I live in Florida, so the intended application is offshore, not lake-oriented, if that matters.

Last edited by randian; 05-23-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

As the owner of a 32 Skater I love my boat but I respect the hell out of the Spectre. The Spectre is right there as far as workmanship and ability. Dollar for Dollar Spectre makes all the scence in the world. Great boat.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered

Default Beats me

I do not think the price difference is worth it, I do hear the skaters are faster but 98 or 101 or 110 who cares all those speeds are fast. So if a spectre does 100 and the same skater can do 105 does it really matter if you are that close and saved a ton of money! I will take the spectre....I have been on both and they are both really sharp boats, the eliminator is really sharp also do not leave that one out. So what I am saying get the best deal no way is any of those choices disappointing.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask NASCAT, he traded his 32 specter for a 30 Skater, He thought it was worth it.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

The Skater is a larger boat in the same length, the 30 Skater is larger than the 30 Specter ect.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 05-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The skater is most likely going to be a bit lighter and faster. As far as durability, I can't speak for the new spectre 32's that are built out west, but the ones built in Florida should be abit better than the Skater. In that size range, I woudn't even consider the eliminator hulls. I would also think twice about an arneson setup on a cat if you are going to have to run a hydraulic tie bar. I know skater did a setup with a mechanical tie bar using the Arneson industries asd-6 setup, but I heard a rumor of that boat having a accident because of a failure with that tie bar setup. may not be true, but I heard that.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by obrien
The skater is most likely going to be a bit lighter and faster. As far as durability, I can't speak for the new spectre 32's that are built out west, but the ones built in Florida should be abit better than the Skater.
Are you saying Spectre no longer builds 32s in Florida, or do they have two factories?

Skaters are built super-light like race cars so they break down more quickly?
In that size range, I woudn't even consider the eliminator hulls.
What's the problem with Eliminator hulls?

Last edited by randian; 05-24-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Skater is in a league of their own. The Spectre is a great boat for the money and run very well. They cant be compared to Skater though. Jay sold the Spectre cat name to Scott Conrad in CA. Jay still builds the fish boats in Florida. Eliminators are not known for their rough water capabilities. They build a very nice boat as well.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The skater is most likely going to be a bit lighter and faster. As far as durability, I can't speak for the new spectre 32's that are built out west, but the ones built in Florida should be abit better than the Skater. In that size range, I woudn't even consider the eliminator hulls. I would also think twice about an arneson setup on a cat if you are going to have to run a hydraulic tie bar. I know skater did a setup with a mechanical tie bar using the Arneson industries asd-6 setup, but I heard a rumor of that boat having a accident because of a failure with that tie bar setup. may not be true, but I heard that.
Not even close.

The 30' Skater did not have a tie bar problem. We ran aground and riped the drives off. Rumors are not worth the breath it takes to spread them.

There is nothing wrong with a hydraulic tie bar other than adjustment. But then again I sell a lot of these on a lot of boats. commercial Catamarans, Ferries, etc..

I have mechanical tie bar setups on the cats for the #6, 7's and 8's.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for clearing that up RIK. I hope I didn't upset you, I just wanted to make sure he didn't buy the system and end up have a problem in the future, if what I had been told was true.

Quick Reply: Spectre vs others?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.