Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Spectre
spectre storage >

spectre storage

Notices

spectre storage

Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 27 foot eliminator but I'm wanting to move up to a bigger cat with twins. The spectre seems to offer more boat for the money, but the storage is lacking.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 36 pleasure model has good storage and an front area small but ok for kiids
Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bonecrusher
The 36 pleasure model has good storage and an front area small but ok for kiids
did yours have storage area?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

I have a 36 Poker Run model.

It has a large storage area between the rear seats and the motor compartment. The top of the seat backs and about 20" of the horizontal section from the seat back to the motor compartment is hinged toward the stern. The compartment is full depth to the passenger floor. Mine has enough room for two large factory installed 12" subs in enclosures, 8 life jackets, two anchors with chain and rope, assorted boat hooks, a factory center mounted cooler which I use to hold oil, gear lube, tolls, rags, etc. I could easily add more stuff if needed.

In addition each of the rear bolster seat bases are hinged forward. They open into two seperate storage compartments that we use to put anything we want to keep dry and safe while goiing fast. Clothing, flip-flops, headsets, food, etc.

Between the front and rear seats there is one storage compartment on each side of the interior. One is used for the fire extinguisher and a throwable cushion as well as bunch of drink coozies. The other compartment holds all of the dock lines we need. These compartments are net on the front so things dry out nicely.

The only thing missing is an easily accesible, removable cooler so we always carry our own soft-sided one. Further, there is no usable storage under the bow. However, it sure is neat and clean in there! They did amazing fiberglas work for an area that will probably never be seen by the average owner.

If I get some pictures this week, I'll get them posted here.

Hope it helps!

Jeff
Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

that helps alot. i have a single engine eliminator and am wanting to move up to twins. The spectre is a great boat and can be had for a good price, but my wife and kid have gotten spoiled with the cuddy(storage) area. They always have a bunch of noodles and a couple of rafts. Thats why i was wondering if you could at least slide some things up front.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:37 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont mean to hi jack your thread but i was also in the market for a new ride and have been eye balling the 36 Spectre as well as the 35ts and the 36 Glad, how does the 36 Spectre match up against the other two as far as ride quality in the ruff.