Picked up the 08 Ilmor 36 >

Picked up the 08 Ilmor 36

Notices

Picked up the 08 Ilmor 36

Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a few things done over the weekend.
My paint buddy Repaired some paint damage from the past owners and removed some painted on logos.

Changed all the oils over to Neo synthetics from the Bravo shop and fired the motors for the first time this year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps2f3c520b.mp4

Last edited by QWKRN U; 05-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered

After finishing that Friday. Picked up my boat from John and the Bravo shop crew. They did a amazing job custom fitting the drives to my boat. Steering was a lil different than a typical bravo boat. Initially contacted Imco to see what options were available but John was convinced he could make what I had work, John went to work and machined new rear caps to make the current steering work. Hard to find that sort of craftsmanship and willingness to find a solution in the marine industry.

several claims on oso regarding major speed loss due to the larger gears and limited ratio options in the bmax drives. I talked with John in depth about this and was presently informed they offer several more gear ratio options and could get the ratio very close to what I started out with.
As for speed loss Here is my results.
Took the boat out today.
Only put 1 1/2 to 2 hours on the boat last year and Best previous speed was 119 with 1/8 tank fuel and 2 people.

Today was the first outing with the boat this year.
Ran 117 today with 2 people and full tanks of fuel.
Air temp was cooler when I ran 119 before the Bmax drives. Air temp today was about 12 degrees warmer.
I've read claims of losing 5-6mph. I'm confident once I get down to a 1/2 tank ill gain more than 2mph much less once I get to the 1/8 mark.

If anyone is looking for a Bravo alternative I'd highly recommend contacting the Bravo shop and see what's available for your particular application. One other huge advantage I found with John is he goes out of his way to only recommend what you need. For my application the Bmaxs were a great fit, I was there while he was talking to another customer and explained he didn't need Bmax drives , he only needed to do a few upgrades to his bravo drives for his application. Guy was shocked they weren't just out to upsale at every oppurtunity.
A+ job guys thanks again.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sharp boat good luck
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like your more than happy with the b maxs. Always rewarding when positive upgrades are made with good results. Knowing that your not going to be breaking drives every other times you lean on it is comforting as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

It's been a positive experience thus far. Piece of mind of knowing exactly what Im starting with as well is nice. My heart sank when he pulled the Bravos apart and there was lots of wear on the internals for such a low hour boat. Putting 1-2 hours on a boat and then needing to drop 8-10k on drive rebuilds is not a good start. Hoping for a good trouble free summer and will likely check into freshing up the power plants this fall. Just So I know what I've got for sure.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
wgg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have a set of Hydromotive P-5 15 1/2 x 32 I had on my 36 Spectre if have any interest. Very little use Also a set of labbed 36 Bravo I's from the same Always like that boat
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Got a chance to run the 32 P5's , and they are a fun all around prop. Good mix of midrange acceleration and top end. Best number to date is still the 34 4 blade bravo.May try a few more props this summer but likely sticking with what I have. Got to Run a fun run with the PBC crew and had a blast. Boat ran great in the LOTO slop.

Last edited by QWKRN U; 05-29-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

thanks for sharing the pictures
Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered

Sadly I sold the boat today. Sold my lake condo as well. I loved it, but other priorities got in the way. Time to buy a lake house.

It'll be staying on my home lake so I'll get to see someone else enjoying it.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Registered

Well it's been a few years but I ended up getting this boat back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.