Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Spectre
New to me Spectre 30. >

New to me Spectre 30.

Notices

New to me Spectre 30.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When every your ready Big Block, that is, if you can keep up.......I am off that weekend. Big Block is always busting my balls for pulling my boat with a Ecoboost. It pulls the **** out of it.

The Austin trip is a booze cruise.....There will be boats of all speeds going. The fast boats will drop the hammer from time to time bust slow down for the group to catch up. That’s pretty much how it works when we run to the San Jac from Clear Lake.

I will PM you my number.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

Capt Yarrr, it says your PM box is full.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Fixed!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Registered

NICE looking boat. I also have a 30 Spectre with the 300 XS motors. I added the DBR stage 1 kits over the winter. I did not pick up ANY speed but the motors are dry now. Was wondering on your set up. What is the prop shaft centers on your? I am at 55 1/2" now. Boat runs 100 at best. Wondering how yours runs. I run in NJ in salt water.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

55 1/2? You must be talking about the distance between the motors......I haven’t taken that measurement yet. I am running the prop shaft centers on the gearcase (X dimension) 1 1/2 to 1 5/8's above the pad spinning Merc 15x30 cleavers 6000RPM, right at 100MPH. My motors are stock except for the Lakeland marine vent kits for the gear cases. There is another thread in the Spectre forum that talks about set ups on our boats. I am really surprised you didn’t gain any MPH with your DBR stage 1 kits. Did you get the lightened flywheels also? What is your X dimension and what props are you running? Do you have any pics of your boat?