Oval Rigging Ports >

Oval Rigging Ports

Notices

Oval Rigging Ports

Old 01-14-2018, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oval Rigging Ports

The rigging for my OB's passes through a couple of large, oval ports on the transom. Does anyone know if they are off the shelf or done custom by Spectre? I have not been able to locate them online. The rubber gaskets need to be replaced and I'm wondering if I can buy them ready to go or if I will need to make them.

Has anyone replaced these ports with a better solution? I've thought about creating a stainless plate to which a nice rigging tube could be mounted. If you have pics of updates, I would like to see them.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem and actually cut an oil line this last summer. I reached out to Jay and got no response. I ended up getting kevlar hydraulic hose wraps for my rigging and it seems to be working ok.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought some sheets of EPDM rubber on amazon and cut it to fit
Old 01-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy View Post
The rigging for my OB's passes through a couple of large, oval ports on the transom. Does anyone know if they are off the shelf or done custom by Spectre? I have not been able to locate them online. The rubber gaskets need to be replaced and I'm wondering if I can buy them ready to go or if I will need to make them.

Has anyone replaced these ports with a better solution? I've thought about creating a stainless plate to which a nice rigging tube could be mounted. If you have pics of updates, I would like to see them.
Post this on Scream and Fly. There is a guy “Lighthouse “ I think that has a solution for you.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Registered

I've seen his tubes that mount to the engine, but I'm talking about the port on the boat. However, I'll ask him to see if he has any ideas.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by life is good View Post
I bought some sheets of EPDM rubber on amazon and cut it to fit
Originally Posted by drksuroo View Post
I have the same problem and actually cut an oil line this last summer. I reached out to Jay and got no response. I ended up getting kevlar hydraulic hose wraps for my rigging and it seems to be working ok.
Thanks for the tips. I bought a sheet of EPDM from Amazon and made new gaskets. Then, I wrapped the lines with aluminized Kevlar sleeves. I shouldn't have to worry about any rub through, now.
Attached Thumbnails Oval Rigging Ports-rigging.jpg  

Last edited by Plum_Crazy; 01-27-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy on Scream and Fly that goes by Lighthouse has the stainless steel ports for the engine cowling. I got the ones on the hull side from Eddie Marine. It is for 2” rigging hose.
Attached Thumbnails Oval Rigging Ports-50db42c9-0f24-4e20-8043-e250f260de1e.jpeg  
Old 01-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Registered

I think he goes by Lightspeed. I contacted him, but got no response. Not sure if he still has any more. That's the route I'd like to go eventually. However, I'd like to glass over the oval ports first and that's a much bigger project for another winter.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pro Max Rigging Tube Adapters str has them also
Old 02-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember where jay used to buy the trim rings from, I do know that we simply cut the rubber from a large sheet. The problem with the rig tubes on the 30 with the standard 6" set backs is the lack of room between the deck and the cowl.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser