Sunsation versus PQ

Notices

Sunsation versus PQ

Old 01-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sunsation versus PQ

Lee, I posted this on the PQ site.

PQvyper340 and Lee. I enjoyed the exchange you two had. I am not interested in getting into a "who can bash the best" thread. I would, however, like to see a PQvyper340's PQ340 take on a Lee's 32 Sunsation. If the 340 is equipped with HP 500's it should be able to hit 85-86 MPH, low 80's with 496's (PQvyper 340, what is your boat equipped with). Lee's boat (which is for sale) will hit 79. Looks like the PQ has the advantage.
I say we see who can hanlde the rough stuff better and have a little friendly cometition at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run in the Fall of 2002. Its about the same dirve for both of you and is an absolute blast. Plus there will be many spectators to verify the results.

I don't think the bottom line is really how fast your boat will go, but who has the kahunas to actually run their boat fast for a long period of time.

Come on. I'd like to see this settled on the water, boat to boat, man to man (with wife standing beside man yelling slow down)

By the way leave me out of it as my little 290 will only go 70 and I feel bad if I run it over 50 for more than 10 minutes
Old 01-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Registered

First of all Lee's boat only has one engine so going up against a boat with twins is hardly a fair comparison. Although even with only one engine it would still be a close race.

second, I dont know what kind of experence pquest340 has but I know Lee has been racing for quite a while. It takes more than just having enough balls to hammer the throttles to really make a boat go fast.

Now if we could get two boats with similar equiptment and two drivers with similar talent then i think it would be an excellent test and a heck of a lot of fun.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Registered

Lee, was I correct with the info bro. I just could'nt let that post sit out there two long without a response. I know it wont be long before you add to it. Were gonna have to get toegether for a few beers and discuss those awesome SUNSATIONS.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:11 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks Dono, I made an offer to PQVyper340 7 days ago and did not recieve a reply, see it here: http://207.55.218.179/cgidir/ubbcgi/...&f=43&t=000180
Old 01-04-2002, 08:37 AM
Bayley

...a little more smoke on the fire.

This past summer I run up against a QP340 with HP EFI's that is "supposed" to go mid 80's. I passed him at a pretty quick clip. Must have been something about the Lake Charlevoix water/air that magically made my boat hit 100 mph that day After all, advertising numbers never lie.

I still think with one HP, Lee could take him.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Bayley ]

Old 01-04-2002, 04:11 PM
stingray

Thumbs down

Gents, don't be coaxed back into the fray by this guy who even the PQ guys admit is drivin' a dinosour (290 Enticer and an "old" one at that). I think a better topic for him to start would be "How does my Enticer measure up to the Silencer? Why doesn't PQ like my 290 anymore and wants to replace it with a 30"???

Good luck Mud-warrior...

Old 01-04-2002, 04:11 PM

I looked at both boats...
was impressed wih boats.

bought the Sunsation

Old 01-04-2002, 07:09 PM
stingray

I started looking at the 280 and all things considered it came down to looks. Both are great buys. Whichever bangs your drum...

Old 01-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

Posted on PQ site.

Sorry guys, this is not what I wanted to get started. I thought it would be a "fun" experience for two people who are proud of their boats and their "rough water" experience to duke it out on the water in a fun event. The challenge was laid down and the travel distance was about the same for both.

It appears it is a mute point. And again I appologize for even getting it started.
I think we should all be friends and go after personal watercraft

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: h2owarrior ]
Old 01-05-2002, 08:20 AM

hey we all are friends...

different boats for different folks...

Quick Reply: Sunsation versus PQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.