Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Trim Limit Adjustment for a 288 496HO?... >

Trim Limit Adjustment for a 288 496HO?...

Notices

Trim Limit Adjustment for a 288 496HO?...

Old 01-18-2002, 11:41 AM
stingray

Post Trim Limit Adjustment for a 288 496HO?...

I had some repair work done on my Bravo-1 outdrive this past summer and the trim limiter was set to stop the trim cylinders at the "standard" extension limit of 21.75" (I think) from bolt to bolt on the trim cylinder. When running wide open and trimmed up all the way and allowing it to climb slowly I get a little chine walk at half bag of gas and by myself which I know affects top speed.
Does Sunsation have a prescribed cylinder extension distance for my set up (2002 496HO, Bravo-1 stock Bravo 24P 4-blade)?

Rick

The following users liked this post:
IRONMAN (05-06-2022)
Old 01-18-2002, 12:14 PM

how did they set the eccentric inside the lower housing?

There is an eccentric inside the lower housing that allows for minor adjustment where the bolts runs through from trim ram to trim ram. Mine was installed one way and it should have been installed the other way.

take a look....the eccentric should be installed toward the rear of the drive allowing the prop to go deeper in the water.

- jeff

Old 01-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff are you takling about the trim-in limit pin if so bravo one and two it is in the forward position bravo three in the aft. changeing it out could cause the boat to exhibit roll up on deep v hulls. Reckless 21.75 is the max mer. recomends. check trim limit pin should be in forward position one bravo I if not call manufature of boat and ask if they set it up different for their own reasons.also try on a good day make run trim to where get best speed and just before you slip-you can also make it slip so gps gos down and rmp goes up then trim down just a click to where it bites back in -you should hear it and feel it-gps should go up rpm down now you should be flying.without changing trim stop have yard stick handy jump in and measure the distance between the two bolts, if less than 21.75 than when you get on land you can reajust your trim limit switch to those figures and you will always stop on your best trim for wot .if you change props you might have to change limits again.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:51 PM
stingray

J-Boy/FloridianSon:
All that has been done. I had seen in another post about someone having a chinewalk problem because they trimmed past the limiter etc. I think it was mentioned Sunsation had a predetermined limit for the 288 setup. Mine is set at the max 21.75" pin to pin as Merc advises. But I walk a little now max'd out whereas before I didn't. If there's a spec it would save me from hassling with adjusting it...

Rick