Sunsation questions. >

Sunsation questions.

Notices

Sunsation questions.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunsation questions.

I'm thinking about getting a 2004 or newer 32' Sunsation but I'm worried that the cockpit and cuddy will be smaller than what I have now. I currently have a 2004 302 Baja with HO's. We love the cockpit and cuddy room in this boat and don't really want to give up the space. I have looked at a lot of 32's online and it looks like they actually have less room than my 302. Thoughts? Is the 32' a true 32'? It also seems that there are at least a couple of versions of the 32.....what's the difference? Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not an expert but here' s few points that I discovered when purchasing my 2007 32SS. The hull on the 32SS is larger (higher) than on the 32 dominator but I'm not sure which year the change was made. I found the cuddy size to be quite similar between the 30OL and 32SS although the finishing was quite a bit better on the Sunsation. I can't comment on the 302 but perhaps you can relate. The Sunsation length includes the swim platform and I believe the OL doesn't so I guess you end up with about the same size. The 32SS also comes with an open bow and small mid cabin....believe they call it the mcob. Hope this gets you started and I'm sure you'll get the exact comparisons by the "experts". By the way.....love my boat and was a Baja owner before.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dun,

Thanks for the information. Since posting, I called a dealer and the guy pretty much filled me in. The 32SS is the boat I would want, but without question, I would give up space. I wish they had a 35'. Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Dun,

Thanks for the information. Since posting, I called a dealer and the guy pretty much filled me in. The 32SS is the boat I would want, but without question, I would give up space. I wish they had a 35'. Thanks again.
I had heard the factory was planning on building a 36', which would be based on the F-4. However, I do not know how far off this project is!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

If a scaled down F-4 is built it will be more in the 38' - 39' range.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Nope not necessarily. Most of what you hear is thinking from a couple of years ago. New thoughts and activity are on the horizon.

302 unquestionably has more room that the previous Dominator model. It was more of a sports car version with no concern for being the family wagon with little rug rats onboard. The new SS thanks to the Innovator experiment, became the perfect match for upgrade in terms of deck/hull. Not only did it allow for more amenities/space, but it also more importantly, provided a little more performance. It's definitely not typical in the industry to increase space AND gain performance numbers. Usually it's the other way around.

With that said, there are rumblings of a "couple" of possible model offerings being scratched out on paper besides the old thought of one 37/38 downscaled F4 offering. It could pop in the next 12-18 month, so stay tuned...nothing remains the same with the Algonac posse..

Last edited by Reckless32; 09-20-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yes you have right .....Joe talk to me about a 38 , when i see him at the Rally this summer ......
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Nope not necessarily. Most of what you hear is thinking from a couple of years ago. New thoughts and activity are on the horizon.

302 unquestionably has more room that the previous Dominator model. It was more of a sports car version with no concern for being the family wagon with little rug rats onboard. The new SS thanks to the Innovator experiment, became the perfect match for upgrade in terms of deck/hull. Not only did it allow for more amenities/space, but it also more importantly, provided a little more performance. It's definitely not typical in the industry to increase space AND gain performance numbers. Usually it's the other way around.

With that said, there are rumblings of a "couple" of possible model offerings being scratched out on paper besides the old thought of one 37/38 downscaled F4 offering. It could pop in the next 12-18 month, so stay tuned...nothing remains the same with the Algonac posse..
My information is not based on years old hearsay. I've seen the drawings. But knowing Joe and Wayne, things can quickly change.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

All the talk as of the last few months seems to be the 38' range still. I'm guessing any new model is at least 24 months away though.

You will defintely give up some cockpit space, but either keep or gain some cabin space. The SS is a more practical boat for those with families due the height difference, and the Dominator is for those of us that love the sleek looks Length, cockpit size and cabin size are identical though on both.

Last edited by chevyzq8; 09-20-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chevyzq8
All the talk as of the last few months seems to be the 38' range still. I'm guessing any new model is at least 24 months away though.

You will defintely give up some cockpit space, but either keep or gain some cabin space. The SS is a more practical boat for those with families due the height difference, and the Dominator is for those of us that love the sleek looks Length, cockpit size and cabin size are identical though on both.
I see on Sunny's site that JT is whining about driving his truck. I told him it does not surprise me that he buys a nice, new ride and lets it sit in the garage. It's no different than that F-4 that just sits on the lift all the time!

Quick Reply: Sunsation questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.