Steering in 1994 Dominator >

Steering in 1994 Dominator

Notices

Steering in 1994 Dominator

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Steering in 1994 Dominator

I was recently reading through some of the old magazine articles on the Sunsation website while doing some pre-purchase research. It looks like in 1994 they had a model called the Dominator SS on which they added some form of hydraulic steering. Were there two models that year (regular and SS) or just one, with all getting the steering upgrade from the '93 model?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Only one Dominator in 94, the two different hulls started in 06.
The 94 SS was either a misprint or it was just a trim level difference, nothing performance.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

Thanks Jupiter!

I just purchased a '94 Dominator and that was something I forgot to ask the factory about when I called them with my list of questions.

Here's the link with the article I was refering to http://www.sunsationboats.com/articles/1994%20March.pdf I did a little more digging and it seems that they added some form of power steering (Hynautic) to them that year.

It's gonna be a drag making payments all winter before I can drive it!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
Thanks Jupiter!

I just purchased a '94 Dominator and that was something I forgot to ask the factory about when I called them with my list of questions.

Here's the link with the article I was refering to http://www.sunsationboats.com/articles/1994%20March.pdf I did a little more digging and it seems that they added some form of power steering (Hynautic) to them that year.

It's gonna be a drag making payments all winter before I can drive it!
Congrats on your purchase! Saw this boat for sale awhile back and thought it would make someone a nice ride. What specifically did the survey find wrong with the bottom? Let me know if you are looking for a competent shop to complete the repairs.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Congrats on your purchase! Saw this boat for sale awhile back and thought it would make someone a nice ride. What specifically did the survey find wrong with the bottom? Let me know if you are looking for a competent shop to complete the repairs.

Jeff
Beadman,
Curious to know who your competent shop contact is?
Rob
Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!

Survey found a small hull crack about 1' forward of the transom between the delta pad and first starboard strake. Some stress cracks and delamination in an area about 1'x8". Not horrible, but enough to get the price very reasonable. Going to have it repaired up here.
Other than that, the boat's in pretty good shape.

Ryan
Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC

Beadman,
Curious to know who your competent shop contact is?
Rob
Not sure I understand your whatever comment. Since Ryan is up in Michigan, I was going to tell him to call Joe at the factory as he could refer him to a couple of the places Sunsation uses for repairs.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Not sure I understand your whatever comment. Since Ryan is up in Michigan, I was going to tell him to call Joe at the factory as he could refer him to a couple of the places Sunsation uses for repairs.
Beadman,
Sorry about the "WHATEVER" comment. I don't remember putting that up there. That is weird. Anyway I thought maybe you had a good bottom contact in central, IL because I have a scuff in the bottom of the Checkmate.
Rob
Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Beadman,
Sorry about the "WHATEVER" comment. I don't remember putting that up there. That is weird. Anyway I thought maybe you had a good bottom contact in central, IL because I have a scuff in the bottom of the Checkmate.
Rob
Pratt and Roth both seem to be happy with Damon's work. Give Pratt a call as his boat is there now. My boat has a poor factory repair on one of the strakes that I may have Damon fix this spring.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Pratt and Roth both seem to be happy with Damon's work. Give Pratt a call as his boat is there now. My boat has a poor factory repair on one of the strakes that I may have Damon fix this spring.
Or........ you could just man up and tell the wife your upgrading to a boat with flawless strakes

Quick Reply: Steering in 1994 Dominator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.