Notices

Who is buying all the MCOB's??

Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is buying all the MCOB's??

As I search dealer websites for some 288's all I see are MCOB's. It is as if the closed bdeck boat is no longer made. How many people here have MCOB's? Are they selling that much better than the closed bow models? I gues that answer will be yes but I don't get it

Rob
Old 12-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

You can still get a closed deck 288 but since its inception in 2003 the MCOB 288 has far outsold the closed deck 288. You need look no further than the women and children being involved in the decision to go MCOB over closed bow. I know the only way I could talk my wife into a 288 would be if it was a MCOB.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

The lines on the MCOB are really great too. You cant even tell it is an open bow unless you are up close to it. Because of the versatility with the cabin and open bow, it is making it a more family friendly boat for more people to enjoy at once. Also, once the bow cover is on, you can still cruise WOT without worrying about it blowing off like most other bow riders. The Closed Bow's are still being made as Knot said. They are also just being held onto longer as well. As far as the sites go, dealers watch the trends and will generally order a boat they know will sell.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited by MahopacMarine; 12-28-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Tom, thanks a lot for taking my call on your day off. You are the man! I hope the show was good for you.

Talk to ya'

Rob
Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by SOX
As I search dealer websites for some 288's all I see are MCOB's. It is as if the closed bdeck boat is no longer made. How many people here have MCOB's? Are they selling that much better than the closed bow models? I gues that answer will be yes but I don't get it

Rob
I have a 32 MCOB and liked the extra versatility of the MCOB. I don't overnight(FL is way to hot!) and the forward v berth would only be an unused sweatbox so to have the extra seating is nice. Boat runs 73 MPH with a pair of 6.2's and I have run 20+ poker runs in the past 3 years so it has served me well. I have finished every event I started even though at WOT I run in the back of the pack.

I got a chance to ride on a 288 MCOB last month and even with 11 aboard (4 adults/7 kids) it still ran mid 60's with a 496 HO.

The boats are nice but if you really want to be impressed call the factory and talk to Joe or Wayne about a specific boat, new or even 10 years old. They will pull the folder on it and answer any question you can come up with.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Default Who's buying MCOB's

I probally fit the major demographic for purchasing a MCOB. I am a 38 year old father of 2 girls ages 2and 5 .I grew up on fast bikes ,cars and snowmobiles .I 've been in the market for a boat for 2 years but not quite ready for a standard cuddy cabin or a bowrider .But a pure gofast boat is just to impractable for the kids.So when I came across the MCOB I was sold instantly.Its the family friendly gofast boat.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by SOX

Rob
Rob, The MCOB's have been a big hit across the country. Especially The Sunsations because of their design and how well they look! We have a 288MCOB in stock if you are interested. Not to mention if you are set on a closed bow and can't find one you can always order one threw a dealer. We are located at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. If we can do anything to help you please let me know! Best of luck, William
Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I have a bow rider now, there are lots of times I wish we had a closed deck for those nights the party is just getting started at dusk. I am nearly positive that a closed deck boat will be my next boat. I am doing my homework now so no regrets later. I would love a brand new 288 however I am not sure one would fit my budget. Unless I go one or two years boatless to save a bit more. That may not be an option I am willing to take.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Registered

Not a problem Rob. Really great to chat with you. Good luck with the search and the Horses. The show seems to be going really well so far, thanks.
Give Bill a call at Harbour I'm sure he can help. The factory speaks very highly of them.

Talk to you soon,
Tom

Originally Posted by SOX
Tom, thanks a lot for taking my call on your day off. You are the man! I hope the show was good for you.

Talk to ya'

Rob
Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
Not a problem Rob. Really great to chat with you. Good luck with the search and the Horses. The show seems to be going really well so far, thanks.
Give Bill a call at Harbour I'm sure he can help. The factory speaks very highly of them.

Talk to you soon,
Tom
Hey Tom, Thanks for the good word. How is that new 288Mcob SSR doing at the show? Is it sold yet?! I've seen several pics of your display in other threads. Your display looks great! I like the way the 32SSR is elevated up in the air. Would love to see the "under side" of how you guys supported the 32. Good luck at the NY show. Hopefully you guys will set the tone for the new year!

Quick Reply: Who is buying all the MCOB's??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.