Let The Upgrades Begin!! >

Let The Upgrades Begin!!

Notices

Let The Upgrades Begin!!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let The Upgrades Begin!!

I just got off the phone with Ray from RAYLAR who was a pleasure to deal with.I placed my order for a 525 HP engine upgrade kit.First stop will be to Extreme Vehical Builders (EVB) for electronics upgrades ,stereo,chart plotter etc... Then off to guys at Mahopac Marine for performance upgrades motor,drive ,prop and steering etc... I can't wait to get started. I will try to post some pics thru the various stages of the upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails Let The Upgrades Begin!!-kits.gif   Let The Upgrades Begin!!-logo.jpg  

Last edited by live wire; 02-21-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nice job kevin. im excited to see this happen. good luck to you.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Good luck, I am also looking to upgrade my speed on a 2005 Dom with HO's. What do you think you are going to spend with the RAYLAR kit, install, and prop?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dovervold
Good luck, I am also looking to upgrade my speed on a 2005 Dom with HO's. What do you think you are going to spend with the RAYLAR kit, install, and prop?
I'm thinking around $10k give or take a grand without steering for a single motor application.

Last edited by live wire; 02-23-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by live wire
I'm thinking around $10k give or take a grand without steering for a single motor application.
Congrats Kevin!!
Can't wait to run with you with the new power
That's a lot dough; hope you get the performance out of the upgrade.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MC-BOYS
Congrats Kevin!!
Can't wait to run with you with the new power
That's a lot dough; hope you get the performance out of the upgrade.
Thanks ! Even with the upgrades the only way I'll be keeping up with you is if you throw me a line off your stern. After the upgrades I'd be LUCKY to see 80. Most of the guys I'm running locally are all running in the low 70's so I was looking to get a little more for bragging rights.Plus with this kit I can still run 87 octane fuel and retain the stock exhaust to keep the noise down around the docks etc...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Default Nice upgrade!

Just counting the dayz!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks ! Even with the upgrades the only way I'll be keeping up with you is if you throw me a line off your stern. After the upgrades I'd be LUCKY to see 80. Most of the guys I'm running locally are all running in the low 70's so I was looking to get a little more for bragging rights.Plus with this kit I can still run 87 octane fuel and retain the stock exhaust to keep the noise down around the docks etc...

You'll love your boat after the Raylar upgrade. The kit is a very nice fit. Looks great and runs even better! Equal if not more important; Ray is a really great guy and has a very sincere interest in the performance boating industry. A good person to deal with usually means a good product and a happy customer at the end. I'm already 27 hours old, running pretty hard, and ZERO complaints. We installed the BCK-103 Kit @ 280 hours. Currently has 307 hours on it.

One thing to keep in mind - -

During my install, we took advantage of that nice big oil pan and how it was designed to basically support the engine while sitting flat on the floor. However, this will compress your oil pan gasket just a little and you will have a couple, few loose oil pan bolts. After sitting it down for however long, just put some locktite on them and re-install.

Ed Noonan from West Coast Yacht & Marine Service did my engine. His screen name is "Westcoast". Excellent source for info on the install. Labor and quality of job is unmatched. I promised him that I would ask around and try to get some rides from fellow OSO'ers during/after the Havasu Desert Storm 2008. We'll be out there looking to make some new friends and check out all the cool rides.

Feel free to send pm if you need any help or whatever.
Jason
Old 03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
You'll love your boat after the Raylar upgrade. The kit is a very nice fit. Looks great and runs even better! Equal if not more important; Ray is a really great guy and has a very sincere interest in the performance boating industry. A good person to deal with usually means a good product and a happy customer at the end. I'm already 27 hours old, running pretty hard, and ZERO complaints. We installed the BCK-103 Kit @ 280 hours. Currently has 307 hours on it.

Feel free to send pm if you need any help or whatever.
Jason
Thanks for the info you PM'ed me,I appreciate the help .I will PM you after it has been torn down.

What drive are you running??
Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info you PM'ed me,I appreciate the help .I will PM you after it has been torn down.

What drive are you running??
Bravo I X. Also decided to install the Latham Drive Shower during Raylar upgrade.

Quick Reply: Let The Upgrades Begin!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.