My Mystery Boat >

My Mystery Boat

Notices

My Mystery Boat

Old 09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Mystery Boat

I purchased my first boat a month ago, at an auction. It was sold as a 1984 Cigarette. I did not care that it was a Cigarette, I just wanted a fast boat, and I am happy with it. The HIN number started with CRT, so it seemed reasonable to expect that it was indeed a Cigarette. But when I posted the picture in the Cigarette forum, some posters suggested that it was not a Cigarette. Closer inspection revealed that the HIN number really was for a Magnum, and someone had etched CRT onto the front of the plate. Presumably the same person who added the Cigarette stickers. So I made this posting in the Magnum forum:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=193738

But it does not appear to be a Magnum either, the HIN was not for the well known Magnum, it was another Magnum, from Ontario. The posters in the Magnum forum suggested that it was perhaps a Sunsation Rocket. So I am now posting here, in the Sunsation forum, to get any opinions about whether it is indeed a Rocket, or something else. Here is a picture of it, there are more pictures in the thread above. Thanks for any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails My Mystery Boat-dsc_4233.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

I would post this on the Sunsation site if I were you. The owners of Sunsation regularly check in over there and they would probably know at first glance. Or call the factory with the HIN number. They keep quite a bit of that data on file and are usually more than willing to help you track down some history on the boat if it really is a Sunsation.

www.sunsationboats.com

John
Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
I would post this on the Sunsation site if I were you. The owners of Sunsation regularly check in over there and they would probably know at first glance. Or call the factory with the HIN number. They keep quite a bit of that data on file and are usually more than willing to help you track down some history on the boat if it really is a Sunsation.

www.sunsationboats.com

John
Thanks, I posted at Sunsationboats.com, they concluded that it was definitely not a Sunsation. Oh well.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Registered

Good luck in your search! I can see you've put some effort into it already. Be sure and let us know the outcome if you figure it out. I would love to hear about what kind of boat it is and where it came from. There's nothing like a boat with a good story behind it.

And don't forget to have fun boating in the meantime! It's a nice looking ride.

John
Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
Good luck in your search! I can see you've put some effort into it already. Be sure and let us know the outcome if you figure it out. I would love to hear about what kind of boat it is and where it came from. There's nothing like a boat with a good story behind it.

And don't forget to have fun boating in the meantime! It's a nice looking ride.

John
Thanks, I will.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I know this boat and owner and have for years- infact I looked at the boat when it was forsale before he bought it in the late80's -if memory serves me right-prior to him buying it - it was advertised then as a 24 ft cigarette and was in toronto when I looked at it- need any more info email me as I know others that may be able to help-the owner you bought it from -it was his pride and joy and he spent a lot of money on it-
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

I know the person who installed the engine and he said they had checked numbers and determined it was an magnum.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered

Magnum it is........any new word?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So actually, how long is it? It sure looks like a 27' Magnum sport to me, but if it is 24' I don't know if they made a 24'.

Good looking boat though, and if you bought it cheap and it still runs, keep running it. Be careful that you don't accidentally find that it is really someone elses HIN and then loose your ride.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered

Default more info

previous owner bought in late 80's and boated on lake simcoe in ontario, canada all that time- when he bought it and I looked at it originally it had come from quebec- any one from quebec recognize the boat???? and its 24 ft

shadowcat

Quick Reply: My Mystery Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.