Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Need mounting location for K-planes on Aggressor >

Need mounting location for K-planes on Aggressor

Notices

Need mounting location for K-planes on Aggressor

Old 03-28-2002, 09:52 PM
kook

Default Need mounting location for K-planes on Aggressor

Just received my 280S K-planes. I need to know where, specifically, the recommended mounting location is for these on a 2001 Aggressor. Where do you guys place them when installed OEM? Any pics of an Aggressor transom with K-planes installed?

thanks,

Mark

Old 03-30-2002, 07:06 AM
kook

ttt.

I'd like to have these installed by this coming Saturday (4/5/02).

Old 03-31-2002, 07:38 AM
kook

Question

Dave? Any help here?

-Mark

Old 03-31-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kook:

Get in touch with Lee I think he should be able to help you, or give Wayne a call up at Sunsation during the week. Maybe everybody is offline for a long Easter Weekend ? How's the boat coming ? Did Bruce raise up your X dimension ? What did he set it to ?

Doug
Old 03-31-2002, 05:01 PM
kook

Originally posted by RumRunner
Kook:

Get in touch with Lee I think he should be able to help you, or give Wayne a call up at Sunsation during the week. Maybe everybody is offline for a long Easter Weekend ? How's the boat coming ? Did Bruce raise up your X dimension ? What did he set it to ?

Doug
Wayne has never mounted K-planes on the Aggressor, and had no input. Lee gave me some ideas. Looks like I'm sorta on my own with this one. The one thing that I wanted answered was: do I leave a bit of transom showing between the bottom of the tab (e.g. 1/2"-1") or do I mount so the bottoms of the tabs flush with the hull bottom?

Regarding the x-dim. We are going with a 1" shortie - too little info out there about Aggressors with 2+" of x-dim change, so I'm gonna take it conservative. Boat is coming along slowly. Looks like not until the end of April, but that's not too bad.

Old 03-31-2002, 07:09 PM
Registered

Mark:

I understand the slow part.... I was wanting to put a set of K-planes on this year, but you know funds, and all. I'll make a new set of tabs for the boat either during the season, or next winter. Have you determined if you're going to need a scoop or not yet ? I've got a buddy that has a Stellings extension box with "u" joints in it that can slide up, and down I think 2" so I may borrow it during the summer some time to see how it does with a higher X dimension. I'll let you know. Any chance you'll run the boat with your old drive a little to see what the difference is ?

Doug
Old 04-01-2002, 08:30 AM
kook

Doug:

Still working on the hatch. Old Bravo drive has been sold for quite a while now.

Old 04-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Registered

Mark:

Have you decided which length drive you're getting ? I'd be curious if there is any strength difference if you run the spacers or not ? If not, I'd order the 2" shorty, and both the 1", & 2" spacers.

Doug
Old 04-02-2002, 07:25 AM
kook

Originally posted by RumRunner
Mark:

Have you decided which length drive you're getting ? I'd be curious if there is any strength difference if you run the spacers or not ? If not, I'd order the 2" shorty, and both the 1", & 2" spacers.

Doug
Doug:

Still undecided on the drive. Time to decide soon though.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey Kook,

I have some pics of my 24 Superboat with k-planes if you are interested. The hulls are similar, 7' beam, step pad bottom. Let me know if you want the pics.

Mine are not mounted flush with the bottom. They are about 1-2" above.

Dave M.

Quick Reply: Need mounting location for K-planes on Aggressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.