Like Tree0Likes

Sunsation Center Console

Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 08:51 AM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Sunsation Center Console

Do the guys at Sunsation have any plans to jump on the current craze and produce a center console?
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:39 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HUDSON RIVER and L.I. SOUND
My Boats: 08' 288 SUNSATION 700HP
Posts: 434
Default

I spoke to Wayne & Joe at the Miami show about the possibility of them doing a CC and was told there are no plans as of yet but were thinking about it.
live wire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:50 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MI
My Boats: 09' Sunsation 32SS
Posts: 102
Default

I believe that feedback from dealers was that the CC market is not real strong right now, and the next big project is likely gonna be an intro level boat like the 26.
You never know when Wayne is gonna get a bug though!!!
Bo-G13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Do the guys at Sunsation have any plans to jump on the current craze and produce a center console?
No.....being they are from Michigan (cold boating) and already have the best Mid Cabin Open Bow on the market I don't think they see the value in going that direction.

Does the boating world really need another CC? The only one I think that crushed the target was Nortech. Cig's boat had too much bling and was too slow even with 4 motors. Midnight was a legend 10 years ago and what they make now is an embarassment to the brand.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:09 AM
  #5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
No.....being they are from Michigan (cold boating) and already have the best Mid Cabin Open Bow on the market I don't think they see the value in going that direction.

Does the boating world really need another CC? The only one I think that crushed the target was Nortech. Cig's boat had too much bling and was too slow even with 4 motors. Midnight was a legend 10 years ago and what they make now is an embarassment to the brand.
At one time I thought the same thing..but if done right, engineered properly around a proven bottom and widened around 10'..Sunsation could have a winner..look at NorTechs 39..Some of us powerboat guys are leaning towards that direction..not mentioning any names...
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Plum_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Minnesota
My Boats: 30 Spectre 300X OB's
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Do the guys at Sunsation have any plans to jump on the current craze and produce a center console?
They already built one and it's a cat!

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...ead.php?t=3645

Plum_Crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MI
My Boats: 09' Sunsation 32SS
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
At one time I thought the same thing..but if done right, engineered properly around a proven bottom and widened around 10'..Sunsation could have a winner..look at NorTechs 39..Some of us powerboat guys are leaning towards that direction..not mentioning any names...
Any idea how many of the Nortechs have been sold?? They def. did a nice job on that set up!!
Bo-G13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicagoland
My Boats: Sunsation
Posts: 83
Default

I pretty sure that 39 was built for Mike livorsi?
bunbuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
  #9
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-G13 View Post
Any idea how many of the Nortechs have been sold?? They def. did a nice job on that set up!!
I believe 6-8 are finished and they have a back log till June or July I was told..It is an extremely impressive boat...very little bow rise when getting on plane..super strong acceleration in the mid range...I really like them...
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.