How Fast

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Henderson KY
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Fast

How fast would a 2002 288 with 650 hp get ya? thanks in advance
timber is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: evansville In
Posts: 482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Should run 50 or so !!
speedreeder is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 04:30 AM
  #3  
Registered
Platinum Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MID MI
Posts: 2,832
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Is say mid 80s since the 525 blue motor gets 70 or so... but I could be way off who knows haha
AJ POWERPLAY is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 AM
  #4  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HUDSON RIVER and L.I. SOUND
Posts: 434
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

80 ... My 08 ran 81-82 with 647HP with the new hull design
live wire is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,431
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ajfisher View Post
Is say mid 80s since the 525 blue motor gets 70 or so... but I could be way off who knows haha
A 288 496 HO runs 69-70........525 boat runs 76-77.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LaPorte, IN
Posts: 319
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by timber View Post
How fast would a 2002 288 with 650 hp get ya? thanks in advance
My 99' had about 600HP and was the same hull design as the 2002. My best was 79 but it was an everyday 74 - 75 MPH boat. I also had a 28 Lab BravoI from B-Blades.
SC288 is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:36 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I was thinking a 525 equipped 288 would run 80 all day....

Is this not the case, even with the new hull designs, 05 and up right??

Edit: Sorry Juniper guess that question was redundant since you just stated to the contrary. I was just thinkin they would be faster.
RunninRed is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,431
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RunninRed View Post
I was thinking a 525 equipped 288 would run 80 all day....

Is this not the case, even with the new hull designs, 05 and up right??

Edit: Sorry Juniper guess that question was redundant since you just stated to the contrary. I was just thinkin they would be faster.
A new S-line 288 w/525 might run 80......they put a very basic cabin in those and shave all the weight they can out of that trim level. It also has a very high X dimension.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 05:15 AM
  #9  
Registered
Platinum Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MID MI
Posts: 2,832
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
A 288 496 HO runs 69-70........525 boat runs 76-77.
Those numbers sound pretty generous... but then again I don't own one so I don't have any seat time... just observations
AJ POWERPLAY is offline  
Old 07-16-2010, 07:47 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HUDSON RIVER and L.I. SOUND
Posts: 434
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ajfisher View Post
Those numbers sound pretty generous... but then again I don't own one so I don't have any seat time... just observations
Actually those #'s are on the light side. With good conditions the later model hull designs saw 71-72 and 70 all day GPS with an 08 288 HO and my buddies 09 288 525 saw 77 -78 and 76 all day .
live wire is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser