1075 combo? >

1075 combo?

Notices

1075 combo?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
Has anyone ever installed a pair of Merc 1075's in a 32ft Sunsation? I think it would be a complete rocket!

Michael
You'd be much better off with a pair of Ilmor 725's. That combo, I would imagine, would run in the 1 teens. Not to mention, probably much more affordable.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
You'd be much better off with a pair of Ilmor 725's. That combo, I would imagine, would run in the 1 teens. Not to mention, probably much more affordable.
Good idea, but the problem would be not enough weight. You would wind up with a serious amount of stern lift.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
Good idea, but the problem would be not enough weight. You would wind up with a serious amount of stern lift.
I love the idea too, but until they get dialed in and figure out the COG issues, they can't just be dropped in! That dam R&D thing keeps biting us.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Oh it can be done, just have to add some weight. It would have to be a new build to be cost efficient. They are roughly 350lbs a piece lighter, so I would think some sort of steel plating mounted to the motor mounts would be a good start. They put a 625 in a 288 and they're in the new F-4, so I'm sure they added weight somewhere!

Last edited by 07DominatorSS; 08-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Oh it can be done, just have to add some weight. It would have to be a new build to be cost efficient. They are roughly 350lbs a piece lighter, so I would think some sort of steel plating mounted to the motor mounts would be a good start. They put a 625 in a 288 and they're in the new F-4, so I'm sure they added weight somewhere!
Seems like that would defeat the purpose to just add dead weight somewhere. I don't think they added weight with the F4. Some of it was offset with the lighter cabin area. The rest of it took some lengthy R&D to get it dialed in.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

I can tell you that over 100 it was still pretty stable.
Here is a picture running the Long Island Sound at about 95.
That about doin work!!!!! Nice pic!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Seems like that would defeat the purpose to just add dead weight somewhere. I don't think they added weight with the F4. Some of it was offset with the lighter cabin area. The rest of it took some lengthy R&D to get it dialed in.

I agree. Would be better to damn the mold and move the steps foward to correspond with the moved CG.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Dont they put small blocks in 32's? I know for sure ive seen a 32 SS MCOB with small blocks for sale recently. I remember an article in one of the magazines with a review of a small block 32 Dominator and raved about it. But then again I guess its possible the balance isn't as much of an issue with only 320hp per side and something like a 26 pitch prop?
Old 09-18-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jadento
Dont they put small blocks in 32's? I know for sure ive seen a 32 SS MCOB with small blocks for sale recently. I remember an article in one of the magazines with a review of a small block 32 Dominator and raved about it. But then again I guess its possible the balance isn't as much of an issue with only 320hp per side and something like a 26 pitch prop?
I bought that boat and it is the best boat! I love it soooooo much great ride and plenty of speed. I really like the small blocks still has the get up and go and a very nice sound also. The fuel economy is also a plus. I would not hesitate to buy a small block boat.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

sunsation96,
I looked at that OSO classified many times thinking that was a spectacular boat and power option. Glad you like it. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

As for the 1075's...ive only boated in one 32 Sunsation but it was a 90+ MPH boat with 600+ a side that I spent a considerable amount of time on. So maybe I have not been in the fastest dominator, but I have been in what I would consider a fast one. My opinion is that 600(ish) a side is plenty of pucker factor on anything but the calmest days on the water. 1075 would generally not be usable. But maybe thats not the question at hand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.