Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   x dimensions? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/240285-x-dimensions.html)

bsboss 10-05-2010 12:02 PM

x dimensions?

I've read that the 288's hull changed in '05 and current. Does anybody know if the x dimensions have changed in these years?

AJ POWERPLAY 10-05-2010 12:24 PM

The new style 288 actually has diff x dimensions depending on trim package... the S has a raised x dimension compared to the SSR... unsure about the older style but I would assume its different bc they were not a step hulled boat

THE 288 KID 10-05-2010 05:07 PM

Call Sunsation

boatnt 10-05-2010 05:12 PM

i need a beer!

THE 288 KID 10-05-2010 05:29 PM

That's where all the sunny loyalists traffic is, fact of life.

AJ POWERPLAY 10-06-2010 07:01 AM

Sorry Jordan, search all you want and you will find that I am correct. I know you're hurt bc you have the older style but put your ego away and do some research before you post.

Back to the original topic, if top speed is a priority but u still want the SS or SSR you could just raise the x dimension yourself via an ext box or shortie lower... although I haven't read any results from a shortie. Which would be pretty cool having the best of both worlds, SSR cabin & S performance, even tho you would still be a touch shy of the S due to weight

boatnt 10-06-2010 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ajfisher (Post 3224110)
Sorry Jordan, search all you want and you will find that I am correct. I know you're hurt bc you have the older style but put your ego away and do some research before you post.

Back to the original topic, if top speed is a priority but u still want the SS or SSR you could just raise the x dimension yourself via an ext box or shortie lower... although I haven't read any results from a shortie. Which would be pretty cool having the best of both worlds, SSR cabin & S performance, even tho you would still be a touch shy of the S due to weight

Wow,I am impresed!

Now what were you saying about boats with stepped hulls?

THE 288 KID 10-06-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ajfisher (Post 3224110)

If u think for 1 second I'm hurt over having a 2003 hull Ur nuts, step, half, or fake I love my glorified "raft". Simply stating if the guy wanted actual measurements try the Sunsation forum, cause someone over there (who's actually perhaps ordered one and reviewed the options and specs) might no the exact info. Depending who ordered the boat or if its a dealer boat they have different x dimensions. Fstboat(mike) has the first ssr 32' hull and he had his with I think an inch higher than normal and that helps him hit a high 91mph on gps with 496hos and cmi's. But I guess how I worded it u took that as a direct attack on Ur forum dominance. That's y after I read how I worded it myself I changed it to what it ses now, but not b4 boatnt quoted it.:angry-smiley-038:

boatnt 10-06-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID (Post 3224185)
If u think for 1 second I'm hurt over having a 2003 hull Ur nuts, step, half, or fake I love my glorified "raft". Simply stating if the guy wanted actual measurements try the Sunsation forum, cause someone over there (who's actually perhaps ordered one and reviewed the options and specs) might no the exact info. Depending who ordered the boat or if its a dealer boat they have different x dimensions. Fstboat(mike) has the first ssr 32' hull and he had his with I think an inch higher than normal and that helps him hit a high 91mph on gps with 496hos and cmi's. But I guess how I worded it u took that as a direct attack on Ur forum dominance. That's y after I read how I worded it myself I changed it to what it ses now, but not b4 boatnt quoted it.:angry-smiley-038:

quoted what?:drink:

AJ POWERPLAY 10-06-2010 09:01 AM

Ohhhh okkkk... I'm sure he appreciates your help then...