Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Let's see those navigation screens! >

Let's see those navigation screens!

Notices

Let's see those navigation screens!

Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Let's see those navigation screens!

Hey guys,

Thinking about getting serious in to the poker run game after how much damn fun it was at the Texas Outlaw Challenge this year on my friend's boat. But after seeing people wreck props and skegs, I don't think following the pack is something I'm comfortable with doing. One of my friends has a great solution replacing the gauges on the left with a navigation screen. Looks really good but I think it is a little far too keep an eye on easily, might get used to it, he certainly does great with it.

My boat is a 2005 Dominator, what are you guys doing in similar models for navigation?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built a base for mine and installed it in place of the compass on my 288. cant post pics here but if you go to the Sunsation website and search Garmin GPS Map 430sx you can see what I did. Works great and much more useful in this location. My 32 has the screen mounted in the port side dash panel and its very difficult to see when you are underway
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my speedo that was in the middle of the dash and had a new carbon fiber dash made, then bought and installed a Garmin 546s that has a GPS on it, it turned out great I think.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MIlander
I built a base for mine and installed it in place of the compass on my 288. cant post pics here but if you go to the Sunsation website and search Garmin GPS Map 430sx you can see what I did. Works great and much more useful in this location. My 32 has the screen mounted in the port side dash panel and its very difficult to see when you are underway
I really like what you did. I think that may be the way to go!

314joey, that does look really good! I wish that was an option for Sunsations but our gauges are laid out in a way that we couldn't redo it like that.