Notices

Innovator?...

Old 08-09-2002, 07:07 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovator?...

Dave:
So I've seen the pics from the rally and all, and the boat looks a little more boss than the Dominator, especially the freeboard being the most striking. Was the boat given a chance to wind out a little to get some perspective on performance? What was the motor configuration on this puppy and speeds seen during the rally?...

And finally, what's next in the tweaking process?...
Old 08-10-2002, 08:02 AM
Registered

Rick,

Remember Joe's famous word's at the rally " this is not a race", so we didn't run her out top end. We do know the Innovator was faster, the Poker Runs America 32 Dominator had a pair of HP500 EFI as did the Innovator and the Innovator could walk away from the Dominator at any point. We're not satisfied with some aspects of the lower hull and sent down another hull to Michael Peters in Florida to finish the "tweaking" on it. We should have a little more tha a month before we see it again. Making the September cover of Powerboat magazine with our 288 this month, we'll still have the Innovator down for their performance trials in October. Stay tuned, it keeps getting better and better all the time.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:01 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks Dave. I'm sure there are a lot of other current Sun owners (and non-Sun owners) who are looking to step up to the 32 level and is curious about the Innovator. One of the other things I personally was curious about, and I've heard some chatter, is current cockpit setup. I was curious about whether or not the front sit down seats would have a stand up bolster version and any other options like the new 288/32's?

Can't wait to see one up close to get a real feel for what they're like and for the performance trials....Good Luck
Old 08-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Sunsation 32

What about the new 396??? of 40 footer?? or whatever its going to be called?? Dates man!!!! When is it going to be put into production???

Old 08-12-2002, 09:48 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

It's my understanding of previous posts, that the 396 won't show until next fall at the earliest. Dave (if I may speak for you) mentioned he/they jumped the gun by sqawking about the arrival of the Innovator which did not show until more than a year after it was anticipated, due to "tweaking" the design and other production issues. He said he/they did not want to do that this time until "tweaking" was complete and hulls were ready to cut.

At first I wasn't so interested in the Innovator's cockpit layout and the hatch gizmo to get into the cuddy. But the more I think/study about it, the more it's starting to intrigue me. A stand up bolster variation would really be a nice option. Dave, do we know at this stage what kind of options will be offered with the Innovator yet?...
Old 08-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Reckless,

They are standup McLeod II Bolsters, the latest greatest from him. I'm working on a photo shoot right now to update the web-site with the Innovator. It might be about a month till the shoot, send me an email and I'll shoot some pics for you.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I'm sorry, I thought they were sit-down's. I sent an email yesterday for the photo's when they're ready...Thanks