Notices

32 mcob

Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 32 mcob

Seems that the 05' MCOB in the classifieds would be a good fit for our lifestyle at LOTO but got a couple questions / concerns. First off is the small blocks in it.... Doesn't seem like many manufacturers have a small block option but Sunny is known to build a great boat and know their sh!t.... so what's the deal there? I'm not a top speed nut so that's not a concern but I've been led to believe the BB's don't have to work as hard as the small blocks. So, leaving resale value out of the equation, is the small blocks debate founded in anything?
Second: the ride on this boat.... I'm coming out of a single Baja 29 Outlaw and its a true 29, not a swim platform or a nose job to make up the number. Does the 32 ride like a true 32 or would it be a choppier ride than say a 33 Outlaw?
these boats have a pretty high freeboard don't they?

and finally... is that boat overpriced at 70 grand? It is 9 years old after all.....
Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes it is way over priced. They are a great riding boat and the extra free board feels more secure. With small blocks it will be definitely faster than the Baja.

My 05 with 6.2s does a max of 72 and high 60s loaded down. For me, that's plenty fast. The only time I could feel like more is poker runs but that's not often.

The big block argument makes sense if you think you need to go 80 mph+. I feel comfortable cruising at 45 and it doesn't work hard to do it. If you need more, then yes go big block.

I was mainly concerned with ride quality, the great layout and awesome looks. Speed is good but I didn't need to go 85 to be happy.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ride in a 32 Sunsation is choppier than a 33 Outlaw,my feeling is it runs in the rough water not better than a 30ft Outlaw.
Engine Size: If you like a Dodge Truck with 3.7L or Mercedes SL with 2.8l, yes take the small Blocks.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI. That is the older hull, so not as must freeboard as the newer SS hull. Looks like a nice clean boat, and yes it should run low 70's all day with the small blocks. Think you would be very happy with the purchase. 69k might be a bit high, but I'm sure you could make a nice deal with the guy. Good luck!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

There are a lot of dominators with small blocks on LOTO. If you don't care to run 80 the small blocks are a great choice, especially for gas. I ran a 2000 dominator on LOTO for 5 years. It is a great size boat for that lake. On the nastiest of weekends, like the holidays, it is going to be rough for the 32, but also for most other boats too. Seems a little pricey, but it is listed with PBC, so price is negotiable. And it does look in immaculate shape, which most likely means the engines etc were kept immaculate too. Can't hurt to go talk to Brett and shoot him an offer.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Just FYI. That is the older hull, so not as must freeboard as the newer SS hull. Looks like a nice clean boat, and yes it should run low 70's all day with the small blocks. Think you would be very happy with the purchase. 69k might be a bit high, but I'm sure you could make a nice deal with the guy. Good luck!
That's true, the newer ones definitely sit higher out of the water but the cockpit is still the same.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year did they go to twin step? WhT would you guess this boat sold for new?
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

They changed in 06. I've driven both years and I like the ride and handling of my 05 better. Both are great but I like the straight hull better.

I think they had some crazy deal for a short while, they were like 125k or something like that.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

I think the change over was 05. Some boats that year are the old dominator hull and some the new stepped hull. I have a friend at LOTO that has an 05 dominator, small blocks, cuddy. He said he paid around 110k on trailer and put another 5k in paint in it. His boat still looks like showroom new. This one looks pretty nice in the pics.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Probably was 06. I hit enter just as Capt Yarrr posted. They had the break out special right around those years. You could buy a small block dominator for 99K, but it was optioned down, no K planes, no hydraulic steering etc. By the way, the boat I mentioned above did not include K planes, he added those later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.