Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Ladder Installation >

Ladder Installation

Notices

Ladder Installation

Old 03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I get an email every year just before it expires.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, I don't get that... I just renewed anyways.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Scagburner;4089237]Wow! This sounds like a huge PITA.. I would still like to see a photo or two just to clear this up in my mind. From Mental's post, I want think it may be easier to bite the bullet and drill them clear thru and repair the glass. You may even want to consider making or buying a custom bolt with a low profile head that you could live with exposed on the top of the swim platform...

Scag: I thought about this but the bolt's would exit right through the Sunsation Logo. Also my wife would complain about getting caught on them, me too for that matter.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=MILLERIME;4089307]
Originally Posted by Scagburner
Wow! This sounds like a huge PITA.. I would still like to see a photo or two just to clear this up in my mind. From Mental's post, I want think it may be easier to bite the bullet and drill them clear thru and repair the glass. You may even want to consider making or buying a custom bolt with a low profile head that you could live with exposed on the top of the swim platform...

Scag: I thought about this but the bolt's would exit right through the Sunsation Logo. Also my wife would complain about getting caught on them, me too for that matter.
Yeah, I know... It's an option, just not a good one... I couldn't do it either. Any good glass guys in your area?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I was one of the first to add the ladder. Maybe one reason our lags held is they were so large and long they came close to poking through the top swim platform. So they were well planted into the material of the lower portion and upper portion of the swim platform. In 2000 I think that material inside the platform was laminated wood.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Registered

So the ladder is on. What we did was very involved but it is rock solid. On top of the swim platform past the logo where it curves over we made two metal plates that contour to the boat. To the back of these plates we welded bolts that go all the way down under the boat. For the side closest to the transom we slide a metal plate with nuts welded to it between the top cap and the hull. To keep the ladder level on the mounts closest to the transom we made little feet about 2 inches long which a bolt goes up through the back of the ladder through these feet and bolts to the plate. Everything was powder coated white and sealed with 5200. We stood on the ladder to test about 400 lbs and it held firm. Its probably a little overkill but there is know way it will ever come off. Also if I happen to leave the ladder down we can just un-bolt from the bottom. I would be happy to email pictures if anybody else is attempting this project and wants to see what we came up with.

Greg
Old 09-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Registered

Millertime,
Would you send pictures of your swim stem fix.
Thanks, Zmotoring
Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by zmotoring
Millertime,
Would you send pictures of your swim stem fix.
Thanks, Zmotoring
This is his boat:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017...41964519304501
There is one picture of the ladder.

See this thread with some info on some ideas you can use for a blind mounting.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-islander.html
There are a couple other threads linked in that one with Garelick bolts.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
So the ladder is on. What we did was very involved but it is rock solid. On top of the swim platform past the logo where it curves over we made two metal plates that contour to the boat. To the back of these plates we welded bolts that go all the way down under the boat. For the side closest to the transom we slide a metal plate with nuts welded to it between the top cap and the hull. To keep the ladder level on the mounts closest to the transom we made little feet about 2 inches long which a bolt goes up through the back of the ladder through these feet and bolts to the plate. Everything was powder coated white and sealed with 5200. We stood on the ladder to test about 400 lbs and it held firm. Its probably a little overkill but there is know way it will ever come off. Also if I happen to leave the ladder down we can just un-bolt from the bottom. I would be happy to email pictures if anybody else is attempting this project and wants to see what we came up with.

Greg

Do you think these Garelick/Eez-In Toggler Brand Stainless Steel Toggle Bolt Anchors would work? Is there enough room inside the swim platform area? I talked to Jeff at Sunsation and said they have no more ladders or installation kits available. He gave me couple companies that sell he ladder. Wife is going to need a ladder to get in this 32 .
Old 01-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What company's did he give you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.