Newby to Sunsation questions >

Newby to Sunsation questions

Notices

Newby to Sunsation questions

Old 10-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby to Sunsation questions

Just bought a 2005 Sunsation 32 Dominator and it is missing the portapotty and the coolers below front seats. Anyone know the part numbers and company names that make the proper fit for the boat ? How can you tell if it is a SS model or not ? or are all dominator models SS ? Sorry coming off Powerquest and I know all there models but need to learn the Sunsation models.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on your 32 I have an 05 as well and really like the boat. I had to replace the porta potty on mine as well, they are made by Thetford its 2.6 gallon "porta Potti 135" you can buy them on e-bay for 74.99. As for the coolers they are an older style Coleman product I occasionally see them in stores like Meier not sure if you have those near you. Honestly they coolers suck I only use them because they save space. They don't hold ice well at all but they will at least keep your drinks cold, if you could find a good soft sided cooler of similar size you might be better off there is a thread on OSO somewhere debating the best soft sided coolers. As for your SS question cant help you with that one someone else will chime in I'm sure.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

AO Coolers makes a soft-sided cooler with the Sunsation Logo that fits right in the spot. Give them a call at 951-582-9798. I think they were around 65 per cooler.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Call joe at the factory and give him your HIN and he will tell you what you need to know, the S, SS, and SSR are different levels of interior options, billet accessories and paint
Old 10-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Registered

If yours is an 05 it would be the standard dominator. They started building the SS model in 2006 and it had 6" more freeboard and a true twin step hull.

Congrats on the new boat!
Old 10-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info and I have ordered coolers now $74. I will call Joe in the spring as boat is put away for the winter and need to see if he will install ladder and get some more info on the boat. I was asking on the different models as my 32 has the dash gauges wrap around to the passenger side and a mirror in the center and I see other 32 that year that only have gauges on driver side.. That is why I was asking about the SS model but maybe just a gauge package option when ordered.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

‘05 is around the year when they were switching over to the new cockpit design. There were probably a few boats built either helm set up. Sounds like you have the new lay out.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

[QUOTE=stingjra;4590639]Thanks for the info and I have ordered coolers now $74. I will call Joe in the spring as boat is put away for the winter and need to see if he will install ladder and get some more info on the boat. I was asking on the different models as my 32 has the dash gauges wrap around to the passenger side and a mirror in the center and I see other 32 that year that only have gauges on driver side.. That is why I was asking about the SS model but maybe just a gauge package option when ordered.[/QUOTE

joe will sell you the ladder and you can install it yourself to save some money, it's tight to install but def possible, don't forget the grab bar aswell