sunsation98

Default Whos The Fastest? Rocket/agressor

JUST WONDERING WHOS RUNNING THE FAST ONES-AND WHAT SPEEDS ARE BEING REACHED. --
HAS ANY ONE EVER THROWN A 4 BLADE HYDRO 30" PITCH -
WITH SOME BIG HORSEPOWER

Old 10-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure hope you get some replies. We put a B&M 174 on a 454 mag, Gil manifolds, fresh heads, same cam used in the 525sc, blah, blah, blah, guessing about 500hp. (not dynoed yet). Fastest was 74.7 mph with a 29 thats been cut down and labbed. The problem is the boat never ran long enough for us to dial it in. A week after it was finally staying together my brother hit a submerged log and tore the gimbal and drive off. I want to know what kind of setup tips people have used to keep them stable with power. We are definitly putting steering on this winter.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Hey guys,

Lots of rumors out there, we know of a few that run in the low 90's and many in the 80's. The key element is always hydraulic steering, tabs and prop. Someone just put a canopy on one and will be racing in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series. Looks way kool.

DaveSunsation
Old 10-21-2002, 07:06 PM
sunsation98

i was just curious whos running what!
i am looking to get past 90 this up coming summer
i have a twin turbo on a 454
a can dial in on the dash the amount of boost i want to throw
this set up is a work in progress thats why i say next year im looking to pass 90!
at 7 pounds with a 25" 3 blade mirage plus5800 rpm gps reads 76.3 mph
at 7 pounds with a 30" 4 blade hydromotive 5500 right handed i run 85.6 mph on gps
at 7 pounds 30" 4 blade hydromotive running left handed 5600 i get 86.8 mph
like i said this is a work in progress - ill keep ya up dated
i plan on a complete overhall and getting rid of the 454
and taking a 502- making it a 510! if all goes well this winter that is the plan! im going old school with the turbos-cause no one else has em!!

Old 10-21-2002, 07:11 PM
sunsation98

for stability i actually get a better ride with the bennet tab then the bennet sport tab-over 70 mph the tabs come all the way out any how-i als have dual ram hynautic steering
i would never run a boat of any length or configuration with out dual arms-if you do with a single arm make sure its on the right side!

Old 10-22-2002, 06:47 AM
turbo2256

im going old school with the turbos-cause no one else has em!!

Old 10-22-2002, 09:25 AM
turbo2256

Sunsation98,
Are your Bennet tabs in the full up position slightly below level as mine were from the factory? I have since put caps on mine that have shorter internal stops and now fully retracted are 1 1/2 inches above parrallel to the bottom which seems to have added a bit more speed and reentry/ ride seems better.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

Kenny is that you?
Welcome to the board. You will find an incredible amount of info here. For general questions try the technical Q & A section. It is read by more people than Sunsation Specific.
Larry
Old 10-22-2002, 07:56 PM
sunsation98

yea its me larry - this site is way cool!
in regards to the tabs-yes i have had them placed at almost two full inches past level with the boat-the previous owner took that upon himself to modify!

Old 10-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

Before getting too far into the push for 90, take a look at Kook's discussion thread on this board. I still don't buy these boats should be running over 90. I found the most fun in the Aggressor is to go out and run on a Saturday or Sunday between the Clinton River and Gull Island at 55 to 70 mph, then you will find out what a thrill ride is.

Quick Reply: Whos The Fastest? Rocket/agressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.