What to expect from 2002 32 dominator >

What to expect from 2002 32 dominator

Notices

What to expect from 2002 32 dominator

Old 03-30-2018, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to expect from 2002 32 dominator

New to the 32 dominator. I have a 2002 dom and it was a move forward from an aggresor25. I have about 176 hrs on it now and it runs twin 496. Anything that stands out to watch for and what are the top speeds for these model? Swinging 4 blade 30 pitch merc props . Thanks in advance for any Info as I am new to this forum

Last edited by Dave Holland; 03-30-2018 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

The 32 Dominator is a solid boat. The problem area in my opinion is the headliner in the cabin. After a while it will delaminate and hang down eventually needing to be replaced.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
The 32 Dominator is a solid boat. The problem area in my opinion is the headliner in the cabin. After a while it will delaminate and hang down eventually needing to be replaced.
I would agree as that is the only cosmetic defect I have. I have the plan to correct that this spring. My research has had various speed promises. I was told between 80 and 85. Would that be correct with a stock vessel?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

80-85 is about right. Probably closer to 85 with a light load, near sea level. And probably closer to 80 with a full load at 500 or 600 feet above sea level. Boat has great acceleration and runs well in rougher water considering the size. The long nose keeps a nice level attitude, and it flies level and straight. It doesn't like to be over trimmed. Over trim it and it will develop a slight chine walk at WOT.

I had a 2000 that I put 450 hours on, all at LOTO. Not a blemish or stress crack anywhere after 450 hours on some pretty snotty weekends here. Of all the boats I've owned, I think the dominator was the most fun to drive.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:03 PM
Registered

Thank you for your input. I have it out for about 15 hrs worth of running last year.still getting the hang of it. I do find it extremely easy to handle at higher speeds as my aggressor was a hand full at w.o.t. So with some seat time I should be able to use it at it' full potential . Thank you again .