shink wrapping sunsation >

shink wrapping sunsation

Notices

shink wrapping sunsation

Old 10-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default shink wrapping sunsation

Does anyone shrink wrap their sunsation? Just wondering because of the process they use with flames/heat and the custom painted hull vs gel coat. Just don't wanna do damage to the paint on my boat. I was thinking of shrink wrap and storing at home instead of the barn storage iv been using were racoons are a possible threat.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 124 Posts

As someone who has shrunk wrapped hundreds of pontoons...I wouldn't do it personally..if they are good at it then it would be ok but man all it takes is a second or two too long in on spot and its gonna burn the paint...if you have the option of inside I would def go that route...load the inside of the boat up with moth balls and irish spring soap bars and open up every compartment and prop it open...this works 2 fold...lets air get in everywhere to dry things out to stop potential mold/mildew and also if critters do get in there then they can walk around at will without having to chew their way into a seat...I've had good experience with the moth balls and irish spring soap...critters don't like the smell for some reason...I get moth balls from the dollar store in the box and cut open one side of the box to make the box into a bowl and then dump the balls in...that way in the spring you can throw out the box and all

good luck!!

Stewart