Notices

288 mcob

Old 12-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 288 mcob

Looking for a 288 mcob for next year... Anyone thinking of selling?
Old 12-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

(not mine,sharing ) https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/b...764494233.html
Old 12-17-2018, 05:32 AM
Registered

Thank you for the link... Only thing turning me off of that boat is the glass windshield. I think I've seen the only 3 288 MCOB's posted for sale at this time. Was just wondering if anyone was thinking of selling theirs in the near future or new anyone looking to sell.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by ccrder1
Thank you for the link... Only thing turning me off of that boat is the glass windshield. I think I've seen the only 3 288 MCOB's posted for sale at this time. Was just wondering if anyone was thinking of selling theirs in the near future or new anyone looking to sell.
You will appreciate being out of the wind behind that windshield, as compared to a fairing boat. The more wind you are OUT of, the less tired it makes you and your passengers. Many folks don't realize that all that noise and buffeting has to be processed by your ears which literally tires your brain.

That boat would look great with a Purple tinted windshield. This is a buddy's Formula that got really beat up in a tornado a couple years ago; destroyed his house and garage and the Formula was in said garage. He has it back to brand new now, and had to completely redo the windshield (which was a nightmare in itself).

Old 12-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

The windshield in the 288's/32's really don't provide anymore protection from wind than the fairings did. Very low profile. I couldn't tell much difference between the two.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered

I'm not trying to be picky, but the fairing boat looks a lot more appealing to me... I have had the oportunity to ride in a 32' with a windshield and really didn't get much protection from the wind. I agree with Sydwayz 100% though. A full day of wind in your face and slamming beer will curtainly run you down!!!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Might consider looking at some 32's. Saw a new one posted on Powerboatlistings for not much difference in money and with twin small blocks should be much better out of the hole and on the drives.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ccrder1
thats my old boat. I miss the windshield on my 32 and I have a SSR which has more freeboard than the boat you’re looking at and still noticed a significant difference in the wind. Also, the boat should have nearly half the hours it shows on the clock. The motor was replaced under warranty by the owner previous to me. Obviously it also has a X and not a XR. It had black tint when I sold it but it was bubbling due to the window material. I used a reputable to me tiniting shop and they warned against before I did it.

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 12-18-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I found this picture so hopefully it helps give you and idea of the tint. It used to have a Simrek drive shower but I see it is gone. Maybe it cracked and broke? They did on my 32 and I replaced them with Eddie marine. It also had a bimini.

The boat was USCG registered which is why there is the stainless plate on the starboard side in the engine compartment. Also, they should have bow filler cushions...
Old 12-19-2018, 04:52 AM
Registered

The tinted windshield definitely changes the look. Thank you for posting the pic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.